photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

1.31.2012

January Favourites

This is my first ever monthly favourites post and I'm definitely not an expert so just bear with me. Here are some of my favourite things from the month of January; I'll warn you now, there is a lot


Hair


Tangle Teezer (bright pink) - This has been a part of my life since Christmas and all I can say is that it has saved me from many painful brushing experiences. Read my full review here


Batiste Dry Shampoo 'Tropical' - I have a love hate relationship with this dry shampoo. I'll admit, it does refresh my hair like it claims and the smell is just amazing and lasts all day, BUT, and this is a big but, it leaves that typical dry shampoo grey tone to my hair which takes forever to brush out. I do still use this though because it does work, I just wish it didn't take so long to brush away.


Aussie Mega Shampoo and Conditioner - This shampoo and conditioner combo is amazing. I have never been able to find a shampoo and conditioner that I like until I found Aussie. Since using these, my hair has been so soft and has felt so thick and clean (not that my hair isn't usually clean haha). Also can I just mention the smell, I mean seriously, whoever thought to make a shampoo that smells like Calpol medicine is a genius! One thing I would say is the prices of these seem to fluctuate loads; one week they will be cheap and the next the price will have shot up - I saw in one store they were £6.99 each!! 


Got2B 'Guardian Angel' Heat Protection Spray - After hearing so many good things about this product, I finally bit the bullet and end out and got some. After using it throughout the month I've actually noticed that my hair is looking in better condition and not so damaged from my hair straighteners. This has now definitely become a staple piece in my hair care products and at £3.09 from Wilkinsons it's quite inexpensive too!



Makeup


Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick #03 - This is a real everyday lipstick. It's matte, nude/pink and very very moisturising I've found. The wear is quite good and it lasts quite a while before reapplication is in order. This has been my everyday lipstick and I just love it! I think the packaging is very sleek and sturdy and Kate Moss' signature on the lid just adds to the sleek look. 



My eye look using the NYC quartet
NYC 'The Best of Broadway' Metro Quartet Eyeshadow - I'm not a makeup expert and I certainly don't have all the top brands and what not, but for my everyday look through January I've found myself reaching for this little palette which has four warm brownish tones that I find look natural but still noticeable. 



Collection 200 Lasting Perfection Concealer Shade Deep 4 - Pretty much every beauty blogger and YouTube guru raves about this concealer so I thought; why not give it a try. Well, all I can say is, why didn't I try this sooner! This concealer is thick and creamy in its consistency and it blends really well so it isn't even noticeable. It lasts all day usually, so no annoying touch-ups or anything. This has now taken over from my Rimmel Corrector Stick Concealer! 


MISC.


Rimmel Pro 'Aqua Cool' and NYC 'Gramercy Glitz' - I love both of these nail polishes separately but together they just look so good! In all honestly the glitter polish looks good worn this way with any colour underneath but this is the colour I've loved most in January. 

I'm also loving Rimmel Pro Super Wear top coat because it is just amazing! My mum gave it to me when I ran out of my old one and now I'm just shocked that I hadn't discovered it before. It makes your nails so shiny and it lasts for agessssss


Sarah Jessica Parker 'NYC' Perfume - This perfume has a very floral scent and has been my go-to perfume for a few months now. The scent is just so wearable and it's by far my all-time favourite everyday fragrance - I say that because I have two which are also favourites but I try to limit my use (Chanel No5 and Boyfriend) because of the price and availability. 





Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and Burlesque - Both these movies have been favourites of mine both throughout December and January so I thought it only fair that I included them in my first ever favourites post. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides is my favourite of the whole series of movies and I think Jack Sparrow is my all time favourite movie character! Burlesque is a current obsession of mine because I love Cher and I love musical movies (read my full Burlesque review here).





Body of Proof and Once Upon a Time - Body of Proof is on its second season now and I'll admit, at first, I wasn't really that much of a fan. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed watching it but it didn't really come high in my priorities but lately I have started being way more excited for each new episode and Dana Delany is a brilliant actress! Once Upon a Time however is a new show and immediately I knew I loved it! My favourite character is Rumplestiltskin (hence why I chose that poster) but I do think the whole cast rate brilliant (read a full review here).


Tess Gerritsen's The Apprentice - I finished this book on the 1st of January so that counts right? Anyway, Tess Gerritsen is an amazing writer and this book just had me hooked from the very beginning. These books are where the television series Rizzoli and Isles came from and if you love them you will love these books - even if you don't, these books are brilliant!


Well that's all for my January Favourites; sorry it was such a long post but this month I've found so many things I love, and I felt the start of the year needed a long post!


xoxo



 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

2 comments:

  1. A great set of favourites! Especially loving the Tangle Teezer and Aussie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love love love once upon a time! this reminds me that i have to watch the episodes i've missed. ;)

    p.s. i saw a lot of products i would love to try here. thanks for sharing!

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Udderly Smooth Giveaway

    ReplyDelete