photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

1.20.2012

Fragrance for Thought? Lola by Marc Jacobs


I have wanted Lola by Marc Jacobs for ages but looking at the prices of even the smallest bottles, I think it's a little out of my price range for a bottle of perfume. However, my mum managed to find a solid version of the perfume which she was kind enough to buy for me! 

I think this is a really great concept, making the perfume scent wearable both as a fragrance and an accessory - in this case a ring and a necklace. I haven't actually worn it as an accessory yet because I much prefer it just kept in it's little bag (sad I know!), but I think I will at some point probably wear it. I have however worn it as a fragrance - which is found by swivelling the flower - and it smells just like the actual liquid form which is described as: 

'A warm floral bouquet with a signature note of luscious fuchsia peony.'

One thing I would say about having the solid Lola fragrance is that it doesn't last as long on your skin as you would expect it to. I thought it would last much longer than a normal liquid perfume but in all honesty, it only lasted an hour or so and then the scent was gone. As a counter to this though, you do get quite a considerable amount of the solid 'balm' so I suppose regular reapplication wouldn't be a problem.

I would recommend getting the solid Lola if you want to save a bit of money - it's still expensive though - or if you did want to wear it as an accessory. I like having this as I think it's quite unique and different but I definitely do want to get a bottle of Lola by March Jacobs in the future. 

xoxo

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment