photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

1.27.2012

Fragrance for Thought? Most Regretted Purchase

This is a bit of a different 'Fragrance for Thought' post because it's not scent I'd recommend; at all. This weeks fragrance is Kate by Kate Moss which was the supermodels first first ever perfume release and in my opinion, she got it horribly wrong.


At first glance the bottle and the pink colour of the perfume itself is just so pretty and feminine and I'll be honest, this was a factor in deciding to buy this; as well as the scent of course! For a few days I wore this fragrance none-stop and really liked it but then I started to find I was coughing a lot and had constant headaches. The only possible cause had to be this perfume. So, I re-evaluated the smell and came t realise that I was just trying to make myself like it when in reality it was wayyyy too strong ad overpowering - and I'm not normally one to say perfumes are too strong!

The scent is described as having: 'vibrant floral spicy top notes of forget me not, orange blossom and pink pepper, opulent middle notes of rose, peony and lily of the valley and deep base notes of sandal wood, patchouli and musk' and wow can you smell the dominant notes! This scent is a real mix of spice and musk which for me, just isn't what I want to smell like everyday. 

I'm not exaggerating now, the smell lingers for hours upon hours and as I sit here writing this, I can still smell it from another room after spraying it an hour ago. Usually this would be great; a perfume that lasts a long time, but unfortunately this fragrance is just far too overpowering and I really think Kate Moss has missed the mark with this one. 

If however this is your type of scent, then you can get it for a mere £8 in most stores as apposed to the £30+ I paid two years ago. 

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment