photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

1.12.2012

Best and Worst Celebrity Looks *People's Choice Awards*

Looking through last nights PEople's Choice Award looks I' can honestly say that I'm not impressed. These awards never really do it for me in the way of the fashion and this year is no exception. There are a few looks however, that I do like are here they are:

Nina Dobrev


Nina went with the trend and wore a bright emerald green Ellie Saab dress with full laced sleeves. She paired her dress with nude heels and and a nude clutch. I think Nina always looks great at events, I mean who could forget the red gown she wore for the Emmys? She got it so right with her look and then ended up winning Favourite TV Drama Actress.


Emma Stone


Emma also followed the Emerald green trend but went with something a bit different by wearing a blazer, a creme shirt and black trousers. She wore head-to-toe Gucci and I actually like the fact that she stepped out of the usual dress trend and wore something a bit different. It obviously payed off for her as she won Favourite Movie Actress! 


Kaley Cuoco


I'm unfamiliar with Kaley but after seeing this dress I had to include her! She wore a floor-length, embroidered Badgley Mischk gown and a gold clutch. For me she was definitely up there with the best of the best looks. Writing this now I have just realised who she is; she was from 8 Simple Rules!!! 


Ian Somerhalder


I felt it was necessary to include a guys look in this so I chose Ian Somerhalder who wore a grey pin-striped suit, a black shirt and black patent shoes. I think he looks very smart and quite dashing (always wanting to use that word haha), plus Ian is awesome so I had to include him here and the guys best look. 



Now for the worst looks of the night which to be honest wasn't hard for me to choose. I have chosen three looks and here they are:

Vanessa Hudgens


I'm probably a minority here but I really really don't like Vanessa's look here. She wore a Jenny Packham halter-neck gown paired with black heels and black make-up which just made it look like a spiders web halloween costume. On the plus side, I did like her hair up and away from her usual boho style. 


Jennifer Morrison 


Jennifer wore an embellished fridge trim cocktail dress and nude suede heels. This is a mixed look for me because I like the shoes and I like the hair and make-up, but it's just the dress; it looks like a lampshade you'd find in an old-style house. I think without the fringe this dress could have rally worked but as it is, it just isn't really all that great. 


Lucy Hale


Lucy wore a black asymmetric Cengiz Abazoglu which, without the spare bit of material hanging down the side, would have been a great look for her petite figure but she just wasn't tall enough to pull this look off as it was. 

So that is my line-up of the best and worst looks from last nights People's Choice Awards. Do you agree with my choices or have you others in mind? Let me know!

(source: HollywoodLife)

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

2 comments:

  1. TAYLOR SWIFT!! Just seen her cute dress. very taylor. She looked amazing :D

    ReplyDelete