photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

1.13.2012

The Secret of the MUA Lipstick

I recently purchased my first MUA lipstick after hearing some good things about them and for £1 I can't really complain. I chose to get 'shade 5' (original names I see) because it looked like a nice neutral pink colour. 



(with flash)

(without flash)

The colour is very sheer and very shimmery but I think if you're going for the subtle look it would be the perfect shade; for me though I'm not sure if I like how shimmery it is. I do however like how easy it glides onto your lips and I wore it once and it lasted a good few hours which was quite surprising considering the low price tag.


****

Now onto the 'secret' part of this post and that is the extra 'lipgloss/tint' that comes with the lipstick. On the bottom on the lipstick packaging itself, is what looks to be just a sample of what the lipstick will look like, but oh how we have been fooled. It is in fact an extra tiny pot of what I can only describe as a lipgloss/tint but to be honest it's that small, you can't even get your finger in the pot!



Now looking at this you may think; 'oh how handy is that!' but think again. In order to get the bottom off my lipstick my dad had to use pliers after failing with sheer strength. I then replaced the pot on the bottom and what a surprise; I can't get it off again. I think this is a really good and innovative idea for MUA but I think they need to work it out some more because if you can't get to it then what is the point? 

Overall I liked how easy this lipstick applied and I like the design of the packaging but I think this colour is just not for me. As for the hidden secret, well, considering how hard it is to remove the pot, I think it will have to stay hidden to most! I think I might go and pick up shades 2 and 11 and give them a try instead!

Have you ever tried MUA lipsticks? If you have, which is your favourite and did you know about the hidden lip pot? 

xoxo

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment