photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

1.13.2012

Many Lives - Stephanie Beacham Autobiography

I finished another book; I'm on a roll with this whole reading thing, I think it's because I'm off at the moment and so have nothing else to do haha. Hopefully when I'm back at university I can still keep up with the reading! Anyway, I finished reading 'Many Lives' which is Stephanie Beacham's Autobiography. 


For those of you who don't know who Stephanie is; she's a British actress who has done TV shows, movies and theatre. She's probably most well known for being on the ITV series Connie and the ABC series The Colbys. However, my favourite of her roles is when she played Phyllida Oswyn in the series Bad Girls


Now onto the book; Stephanie really gives you an insight into her whole life from her childhood to her current life by the beach in Santa Monica. I actually really enjoyed getting an insight into Stephanie's life and seeing just how much she has done. I didn't quite realise how much theatre work she has done and how much actually goes into each performance. I also found out that she is a very spiritual person - not religious - just spiritual and she really does believe in such things like higher powers, god and fate. 

Some of the book did go on a lot about spiritual references and so on which at first I didn't mind reading about but after a while it got a little repetitive and I did find myself skimming it just a little. This aside, the book did thoroughly entertain me and had me gripped from the start; when it ended I was quite disappointed and wanted to read more! I really like how the book is not only split into named chapters, but also sections which has some pretty good titles like; 'Being Humbly Arrogant', 'Think Ahead and Eat That Chocolate' and 'Hollywood'. Some of the titles are quite obvious like 'Hollywood' being about her introduction into Hollywood and others are a bit more intriguing like 'The Harsh Reality' which could imply almost anything!


Overall I really enjoyed this book, it took me a little while to get into but after a chapter or so I was hooked and as I said previously, I didn't want it to end. I would recommend this book to anyone really; even if you don't know who Stephanie Beacham is, you will after reading this! I didn't know half of the things she's done in her life but I still enjoyed reading about it. Stephanie seems like a really humble and down-to-earth person which is hard to find in the celebrity world; she talks about her movie and theatre career like it's just any other job. I don't think there's much more I can say about this book; al' I'd say is give it a go! 

'It's been a long journey' and I very much enjoyed reading about it.

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment