photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

1.30.2012

Screen Actors Guild Awards 2012: Best and Worst Dressed

Last night we watched many actors and actresses walk down the red carpet and into the SAG awards. Some really got their looks spot on and others really got it do wrong; to be honest, I wasn't too impressed with the fashion last night though as a whole. Here are my picks for best and worst dressed:

Best:

Giuliana Rancic
Giuliana wore a red Basil Soda fishtail inspired dress which really hugged her figure in all the right places and the colour was so flattering against her skin tone. This was one of my favourite looks of the night; I like the detailing of the dress and also how she went for simple hair and then tied the make-up in with the dress colour.

Lea Michele
Lea Michele really is doing well this awards season in my opinion. She wore a silver floor length Versace dress with a full length leg slit. This dress and the overall look are quite simple which makes a change from her usual over the top looks. 


Sofia Vergara 
Sofia is definitely one of my favourite actresses when it comes to her dress choices. She was my best dressed at the Golden Globes and she did it again last night at the SAG Awards. Opting for a more simple Marchesa dress with minor detailing at the neck line works really well with her minimal hair. However, I'm not sure what to make of the chunky bracelet and purse...?


Julianna Marguiles
Julianna's looks are usually really hit and miss for me but this time I really like her Calvin Klein dress. I do wish she's worn a bracelet or a necklace just to top the look off, but the dress is really nice and works well against her pale skin tone.


Angelina Jolie
Angelina wore a black metallic Jenny Packham dress with a plunged back and cinched waist. I like this looks because its a lot more 'rock and roll' and different from her usually pale looks. I like the hair, the dress and the whole look. I might actually like this more than her Golden Globes look!


Naya Rivera
Naya opted for a figure hugging , sequin embellished dress in a very flattering violet shade. This colour compliments her skin tone well and with the loose curls, it really is a natural, elegant look that I think suits her so so well. 


Natalie Portman
For once I actually love Natalie's look! She wore a strapless maroon Giambattista Valli dress which suited her so so well. The pulled back hair and subtle accessories really let the dress shine and for once, the randomly placed signature 'flower' detail on her dress actually looked good.


George Clooney and Stacy Keibler
George and Stacy can't go wrong lately, they looks great at the Golden Globes and now even better at the SAGs. George went for an Armani tuxedo whilst Stacy wore a black off-the-shoulder Oscar de le Renta gown with lace detailing. Stacy's dress was my favourite of the entire night; the dress is just so elegant and so flattering on her figure.


Worst: 

Zoe Saldana
Zoe's Givenchy dress just didn't work for me; once you've got past the sheer top and the embellishment detailing, you're still left with an almost wedding dress style that is just so unflattering on Zoe's petite figure. I do however like the hair ad make-up choices.


Busy Philipps
Busy looks like she's ready for a day at the beach with this hippy, boho dress and beachy hair. The cut is all wrong and the style of dress really wasn't appropriate for the SAG Awards. The bright blue heels and the peach clutch don't help this loom either! 


Amber Riley
Amber decided to go with the 'I'm a birthday present' look with the giant bow on the front of her dress. Take away the bow and this look could have really worked for her; the shoes, clutch and hair are all great but the bow just spoils the whole look for me. 


Meryl Streep
I'm honestly undecided about Meryl's look. I like that she chose a Vivienne Westwood dress and a part of me really likes it, but I think the shawl neckline is whats putting me off. Without this the dress would have had a much more flattering neckline, whilst still staying age appropriate. I also wish she'd worn her hair down and curled. 

Do you agree with my best and worst looks from the SAG Awards? Which were your fashion hits and misses?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

3 comments:

  1. i honestly don't get busy's whole look... ummm, is she going to the beach or something? :/

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Udderly Smooth Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. naturally like your web site but you need to take a look at the spelling on several of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling issues and I to find it very bothersome to inform the reality then again I'll surely come back again.
    Winsome Wood Rochester Console Table with one Drawer Shaker

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're truly a good webmaster. The website loading velocity is incredible. It seems that you're doing any unique trick. In addition, The contents are masterpiece. you've performed a great process on this topic!
    Keen Women's Snowmass High Waterproof Winter Boot

    ReplyDelete