photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

1.08.2012

Hospital Departments + Trafford Centre Buys

Today I went to my Grandma's house and sadly my Grandad is in the hospital at the moment so we then went there to visit him. While we were walking round I spotted signs for all the different departments and the first one we came across was 'Ante Natal and Gynaecology' and of course I immediately thought of Addison Montgomery (Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice reference!). Then I casually walked past an operating room and the Surgical Unit which fascinated me for a while and then I found none other than the Cardio Unit and the Orthopaedic Unit (more Grey's Anatomy references - Teddy and Callie!). 





One thing I discovered today was that television shows like Grey's Anatomy really do give you a false sense of what hospitals are really like. For starters I saw no McDreamy's or McSteamy's, and then I discovered that doctors don't wear scrubs and lab coats, but instead just ordinary suits and ties - not very doctor-like if you ask me. Also, On Grey's Anatomy the doctors are always around or if they aren't then the nurses are; at real hospitals it's hard to spot a nurse or a doctor in sight! I wish hospitals were like they are on the television, I think patients would have a better time if they were. 

Also today I went to the Trafford Centre for a nosey round and to pick up a few things. I absolutely love the Trafford Centre, anyone in the UK who hasn't been needs to get themselves there immediately! Anyway, enough of my ordering you around, whilst I was there I did end up picking up a few things from LUSH, Superdrug and Accessorize/Monsoon...



From LUSH I got the much raved about Honey I Washed The Kids Soap which actually smells amazing; I don't know why I haven't bought it sooner! I also got the Bubblegum Lip Scrub which I'm so excited about; it smells like Snow Fairy and it's bright pink so who wouldn't love it! I've heard such good things about both of these so I just had to try them for myself...




From Superdrug I got four things from the MUA brand; lipstick, lipgloss, eyeshadow and mascara. This brand was extremely cheap but I've heard a lot of people saying it's great so thought I'd give it a go...I don't wear a lot of make-up anyway so it'll be alright for me I'm sure. The lipstick is in shade 5 and is a pale shimmery pink colour - it is very very sheer, the lipgloss is also a shade 5 pale pink and shimmery colour and it smells really nice - I don't know if it's supposed to smell good or not haha. The eyeshadow is shade 7 and is a pearl green colour (I wanted something other than brown, but I'm not brave enough to wear blues or pinks) and the mascara is just the extreme volume black mascara. 




From Accessorize I finally got a collar type necklace in silver! I have wanted one of these for a while now to wear with jumper and things like that. Then through to Monsoon I found a small floral address book for £2.40 (yes only £2.40!!!!!) so I had to have it; I mean who can say no to an address book that cheap...



My next perfume wish is Vera Wang Princess Night;I sprayed a sample and oh my gosh it's such a beautiful smell and the bottle is just so glittery and purple and heart-shaped and everything that is amazing in the world...

look how pretty it is! 
_______________________________________________________________________

***Quick Update***

Last night I finally used my LUSH Twilight bath ballistic and wow....I was in awe for about ten minutes just staring at it....I think I took about fifty photographs hahaha...









This is my all time favourite bath ballistic, it just about beats the Abominaball :)....it left me - and the whole bathroom - smelling amazing! 


Also I got a new book in the mail the other day which I'm so excited to read after I've finished Stephanie Beacham's autobiography...



I've actually never been this excited to read a book in all my life...Tyra Banks 'Modelland' just looks so fun and insightful at the same time....

Last thing, I have been listening to this Glee song non-stop for about a week now...it's just so so so so good! Naya Rivera is quickly becoming my favourite Glee character; she has a brilliant voice!


Ummm so I think that's everything....I'm now off to watch The Lying Game, then I'll read and then sleep. I'm just so tired today....must have yawned about 20 times! :S

xoxo

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your grandpa, I hope he's doing better soon and you're right about the comparison how hospital shows are so much different than what they are like in real life. Thanks for sharing the makeup too, that ballistic ball is so cool and I like how you showed the different stages of it.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend
    xoDale
    http://www.savvyspice.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dale Thank you for the nice comments and thank you for the follow!

    ReplyDelete