photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

1.17.2012

It's been a Rocky Road

Don't worry, I'm not going through any difficulties at the moment, nor am I climbing any rocky mountains...I have however made some Rocky Road alla-Emma :D


These are basically a chocolate 'biscuit' made with marshmallows, raisins, chocolate digestives and a couple of chocolate bars. They are super simple to make but taste so good if I do say so myself! So here's how I made them:

1. Break up three bars of chocolate and then melt it in a bowl. 


2. Once the chocolate is completely melted, turn off the heat and crush up some chocolate digestives. 


3. Add the digestive bit by bit; stirring as you go.


4. Add some raisins (I used sultanas - same thing though) and stir until they are completely covered.


5. Add mini marshmallows a few at a time - you can cut up bigger marshmallows but it doesn't work as well - and then stir into the mix. 


6. Add more of each ingredient if the chocolate is still runny and then stir for a final time.


7. Place mix on a flat tray and 'smooth' out evenly, then add some marshmallows onto the top of the mix and then place in the fridge to cool and harden. 


8. After about an hour, remove the tray from the fridge and cut the mix into small squares - this is the hardest thing to do ever!


And that's it! Rocky Road alla-Emma...

Let me know if you do decided to make this how yours turns out! 

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I love making this! A tip, if you put scores in with a knife before you put it in the fridge it makes it easier to break up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, how sinful! Thanks for the recipe.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete