photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

11.25.2011

LUSH!

I've heard so many good things about LUSH stores and so many people shop there, so on Monday I thought I'd pop in and have a look. I was such a novice in there, I didn't know what you were supposed to do with the things or anything, until I spotted a girl putting her bath bomb into a little paper bag so I did the same haha...

So, I did end up buying a few things after being bombarded by the hundred of smells and colours!

I got a christmas themed bath ballistic called 'Abombinaball' which I plan to save until nearer christmas (partly because I don't have a bath at university haha)...




Isn't he just adorable! I can see when the time comes for me to use this I'm going to feel so guilty and not want too fizz him all away! So, as for the smell, he is described as 'Our big, shy snow monster ballistic, with a scent of peppermint oil, vanilla absolute and orange oil' but to be honest all I smell is the peppermint...a lot! Of all the things I bought I can smell mint over anything else and it just smells nice enough to eat. I believe the orange is a few layers inside and as for the vanilla, well, I just don't smell it. I'm actually really looking forward to using this because for starters I've never used a bath bomb before so that'll be a new experience, but also, I want to smell the other scents...I am loving the peppermint, but I want to see if the orange really is there. Another thing about Mr Abombinaball is his glittery outside, which 
is now all over my hands haha...




The next thing I bought is the 'Cinders' bath ballistic which I plan to use on Christmas Eve...mmmmm....






I have heard sooo many good things about this ballistic so I thought I'd go and smell it for myself, and all I can say is mmmmmmmm. I can just tell this is going to make such a warming and soothing bath. The idea is that the cinnamon and orange scent combined with the popping candy on the top are supposed to simulate sitting in front of a burning crackling fire. I really do get that sense just fro the smell so I can't even imagine what the bath will be like. This is why I am going to save this one for Christmas Eve because I just think that'll be the perfect time. This, compared to the Abombinaball is much smaller so I'd imagine it wouldn't last as long but this is much more for cold nights, whereas the minty scents of the other is to refresh you. 


Now onto the soaps, where I got two. I picked up 'Rockstar' and 'The Godmother'...




I picked up Rockstar after hearing mixed views on it; some saying it was awful and some saying it was the best of all soaps, and the minute I smelt it I knew I wanted it! For starters it's pink which automatically gives it awesome points, and then it smells like sweets mixed with vanilla which is a great mix in my nose (see what I did there!). As I stood taking in it's sweet smell, one of the store assistants came over to me and handed me a purple coloured soap and said; 'smell this, it's much better', which kind of surprised me because it was almost like he was telling me not to buy it...


So I smelt the purple/red soap, The Godmother...




...and I really did like it but Rockstar just ticked more boxes for me. The guy was shocked I said I preferred Rockstar and insisted I smell it some more. I did really like the smell - and sat here smelling them both now I actually prefer The Godmother haha. I was then told that I could just get a piece of both soaps in a 'Sweet Soap of Mine' pack for the price of one normal sized piece so I thought why not and thus the story of my introduction to Rockstar and The Godmother. The Godmother smells very very much like candy floss and sweets which is very much a smell I love! LUSH says that you should use this soap after washing dishes but I personally plan on using it in the shower! 
___________________________________________________________________


Me again! So when I embarked on my first LUSH journey, my real intention was to buy 'Snow Fairy' shower gel which I can safely say is one of the nicest smells ever! However, when I got to the store they only had the really big bottles which are wayyy too expensive, so I instead settled for The Godmother soap which is basically the exact same smell! I did still want Snow Fairy though, so on Wednesday I went back to the store and much to my surprise they had the regular sized bottles!





This shower gel seriously smells like heaven! It is bright pink in colour and has tiny glitter flecks running through it (except they are only at the bottom of the bottle). It smells like a mix between bubblegum, candy floss and pear drops and is the sweetest smell ever! Who wouldn't want a bit of Snow Fairy in their life this Christmas? 


*UPDATE!* Yesterday I took Mr Abombinaball out of the bag to show my mum and he literally crumbled into a million pieces! I was actually crushed...I think I can still use him but that isn't the point...this has actually put me of LUSH.




Are you a fan of LUSH? What's your favourite thing to buy if you are?



xoxo

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment