photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

11.11.2011

Trains actually hate me...

The time came yesterday for me to come home again (this time for ten days eeeee!) and I was really hoping for an easy train journey. I even arrived at the train station one hour early so I was happy happy. However nothing is ever easy when it comes to me and trains.

I decided to catch the earlier train seen as I was there anyway. It would go the same route I would have taken just an hour early, which would have meant I'd be home an hour early so all is good! So I was on this train for an hour and it was running smoothly and on time! Everything was good until we got to Leeds. At Leeds the train became full and when I say full I mean FULL! I was just thankful I had a seat or I think I may have been squashed to death in the crowd of people.

We then got to Huddersfield where a lot of people got off the train...and then a whole lot more got on. We then sat...and sat some more...and then five minutes later the man came on the speaker and it was from this point that my journey went horribly wrong. The man said; 'this train is now cancelled, please can everyone make there way to platform....' So everyone piled off the train, through the station of to the new train -which was only two carriages may I add. This train was worse than the last one...you literally could not even move! People were crammed up against the doors, seats and each other. I ended up standing, until this soldier gave me his seat which was very nice of him! 

At this point I had no clue how I would get home as the only way from Victoria - which was where we were going - was through Piccadilly which is where a fire was happening. Luckily my dad sorted out a route which even though it involved three trains, it would get me home without going through Piccadilly. 

Finally we got to Victoria station and then hopped on another train for 15 minutes and then got off again at Newton-le-Willow (this place was literally in the middle of no where! - 'bumpkin villa' as i heard someone describe it!). The next train was then due in 12 minutes but typically it was delayed and so that would mean I wouldn't make my next train at Warrington. My dad then had to drive half an hour to Warrington (which is where I would end up - basically stranded otherwise!) to come and get me! 

So, it ended up taking me a metro, four trains, some walking and a car to get home two hours later than I originally would have. All I can say is trains really do hate me! But, at least I'm home now and oh it does feel good to be here :D

xoxo

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

1 comments:

  1. OMG! Trains really hate you, but I hope it will change soon.

    ReplyDelete