photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

11.29.2011

Nail Polish

This past year I have become a tad obsessed with nail polish. I must change the colour of my nails maybe two to three times a week! Partly because my nails seem to chip super easily so I have to take it all off and start again...and partly because I get bored so easily! I'll put a colour on, love it for a few days and then I'll just get bored of it and end up taking it off.

When it comes to which nail polishes I use; I've always thought I was a pretty loyal Barry M fan with the majority of my polishes by them. However, lately I've been reaching for other brands in store solely based on the colours I like. Is anyone else pretty loyal to one brand or do you just go for whatever colour you like at the time?

I will say, I do still love Barry M, but I feel I have so many of their colours now that my choice is becoming more limited each time. Here are the Barry M polishes I have:

Top: Matt White, Lemon, Block Orange, Bright Red, Red Glitter, Raspberry, Lime Green
Bottom: Spring Green, Green Glitter, Blue Moon, Cobalt Blue, Blue Glitter, Navy, Nail Effects (Black)

Some other Barry M polishes I have owned in the past are:

Nail Effect (White)

Bright Purple

Black

Shocking Pink

Berry Ice Cream

My new favourite brand that I recently discovered is NYC. I only have four of their polishes but I hope to get more soon:

East Village, Canal Street, Bowery Black, Gramercy Glitz

I love how all the NYC polishes have really unique names and I think the quality of the polish itself is really really good and long lasting. I hope to get Chelsea, Flat Iron Green and Spring Street next!

Another brand which you'll all of heard of is Rimmel. I only have three Rimmel polishes and I'd say they are okay, but I'm not overly impressed:

Black Cab, Purple Pulse, Aqua Cool

The next three polishes I have are by a brand called '2true' which before I got these I honestly hadn't heard of. These three were on a 3 for £3 offer so I thought why not. They are not the best quality but they come out ok, especially the purple glittery one:

Shade 1 (bright pink), Shade 4 (purple glitter), Shade 4 (lime green)

Next is No7. I am not really into paying £7 for a bottle of nail polish unless it's pretty darn big and the only reason I have two No7 polishes is because one I was given, and the other I got £5 off with a boots voucher:

Totally Teal, Pink Glitter (doesn't say the actual name)

I'll admit the quality of No7 is really really good but I still couldn't justify spending £7!


Next is a random mix of nude coloured polishes. All three I got from different magazines:

Nails Inc - Basil Street, Leighton Denny - Super Model, Ciate - My Fair Lady

I absolutely love the Leighton Denny polish; it's one of my favourites. I was quite unimpressed with the nails inc polish considering it's normally so expensive - but I got it free so who cares!

Now onto my base and top coats, nothing much to say about these:

Miss Sporty silk base and top coat, Orly base coat

Finally, the miscellaneous polishes: 

Miss Sporty - Blue (can't find the name), Collection 200 - Metallic lilac, Fashionista (The Saturdays) - All Fired Up Red (magnetic), 17 - Wave

The Miss Sporty blue colour is alright...It looks better in the bottle than on but for £1.99 who can complain? The Collection 2000 polish was given to me, it again is alright, not bad, not particularly good. The Fashionista Magnetic polish I was so excited to try, but I had it on all of two days and it got heavily chipped - I didn't use my hands more than I normally do either! The 17 polish is such a lovely colour. My mum gave me this - it's her signature colour - and I have to say I see why she likes it...it's such a cool colour that gets so many compliments. 

So, my nail polish collection isn't huge, but it's certainly growing. I just love trying out different colours and sometimes even alternating different colours on each nail which really does get people talking!

Are there any nail polishes you'd recommend? I'd love to hear them!

xoxo

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment