photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

4.14.2012

DIY: STUDDED DENIM SHIRT

Tadahhhhhh! I'm on a roll with this whole DIY thing, first shorts and now a shirt; soon I'll be an expert DIYer (unlikely). Anyway, I got this denim shirt last year from New Look and in all honesty, it was not a nice shirt. I liked it when I bought it but then realised it was pretty darn boring and so it lived at the back of my wardrobe until a week ago when I rediscovered it. Much to no ones surprise it still looked just as boring as it did a year ago so I decided I needed to do a bit of DIY!

I went with studs because at the moment they seem to be really on trend but I didn't like the idea of buying a studded piece knowing that everyone would have it so I decided to do now own. I bought a pack of 100 studs this ebay seller for around £5 which is more on the expensive side simply because, I chose a UK seller. Once I had the studs I just kind of went with the 'flow' of the shirt and hoped for the best. I had no real pattern in mind, I just ended up with this which I love! I first did the collar but thought it still needed something else so I decided to line the pocket flap which I really think looks great and stands out more than if I'd left it with just the collars studded.

This was super easy to do, you simply place the stud where you want it, push it into the material (I found doing this on a carpet makes it easier), and then use a metal rounded object like a letter opener end or a butter knife to close the spikes on the back. Easy!

What do you think of the stud trend? Will you be trying a similar DIY to this?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment