photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

4.21.2012

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER


Okay so before anyone says anything, I get that I'm a bit late with this one (a lot late), but I only today got around to watching Captain America: The First Avenger and it was so so good! 

The story is basically about a small and thin guy called Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) who repeatedly tries to sign up for the army to fight in the second world war, but each time gets turned away because of his size and his medical conditions. That is until Dr Abraham Erskine (Stanley Tucci) sees how determined he is and how willing he is to protect his country, and so gets him into an experimental program to which he will be injected with muscle generators and 'Vita Rays'. 

Steve is then transformed into a large muscular figure who has strength and speed on his side (the opposite to his previous self). He is transformed into the 'Captain America' figure performing day after day to recruit and make people aware of the war but in doing so finds himself fighting to save his friend and the country. 

I think this movie really does capture a sense of the war but should be taken with a pinch of salt in parts as it is very out of this world and sometimes impossible. I like how we get to see the transformation of Steve Rogers and also how he and the other characters interact is just genius. Tommy Lee Jones plays the army general and is a very outspoken and almost witty character coming out with some of the best lines in the entire movie - I found myself laughing frequently! Hayley Atwell's character seems none other than a role to fall at the feet of Captain America and act as his romantic interest which she does well but to some extent she does come access as rather needy. Stanley Tucci's role is far too short which is a shame, and Dominic Cooper's role is played out to be all important however, he doesn't really get all that much screen time with his bad American accent and terrible moustache. Hugo Weaving plays the Red Skull well and of course his part is somewhat of a main role so it is to be expected. 

Overall a great movie with a great and surprising cast. I found it easy to watch and didn't get confused (much!). I wasn't sure if it would be my type of thing but after watching I'm so glad I gave it a go because I really did thoroughly enjoy it. I'm excited to see The Avengers when that comes out!

Have you watched Captain America: The First Avenger? Are you a fan of Marvel movies? 

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

2 comments:

  1. i just watched this last week too! and i loved it! ;) i am now gonna watch thor and the two iron man movies in preparation for the avengers! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Poshlocket Giveaway: Win a Shelly Fabric Choker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I need to watch Thor too...and The Hulk...We're quickly becoming Marvel fans ready for The Avengers haha

      Delete