photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

4.17.2012

COLLECTION 2000 CREAM PUFF


I have read so much about Collection 2000's Cream Puff lip creams and thought; I just have to try them. Whilst in Superdrug last week, I spotted they were on a 2 for £4.99 deal (normally £2.99 each) and took advantage of this, I mean saving £1, why not? Anyway, after much deliberation, I chose to get Powder Puff 2 (nude) and Cotton Candy 1 (pink). 

Here's what they say:

'Collection 2000 Cream Puff Lip Cream is the new velvet-feeling, matt-looking, muted and moisturising lip cream. For a velveteen pout that doesn’t look puckered, Collection 2000 Cream Puff Lip Cream is your perfect product. Enriched with a creamy, hyper-moisturising formula that is packed full of vitamins, this innovative cream with a powder finish is a lip-loving product that provides a unique matt, long-lasting lustre to the lips. Powder microspheres hug the creamy colour to your lips to make sure that your pout is perfect all day, or night!'

Now onto what I think. Let's start with Powder Puff 2 which is a nude shade that in the tube looks great but on the lips it gave that awful concealer appearance that just isn't for me. It is such a pigmented nude and looked really odd against my skin tone but would probably look better against paler skins? It also picked out every crack, bump and imperfection on my lips which was not  great look, I definitely think this shade would work better over a lipstick to tone it down a little. 
Onto Cotton Candy 1 which I love! It is a gorgeous muted pink shade which leaves your lips with a slight colour without looking too in your face. I like the finish and I like how it could be a stand-alone lip colour or be used over the op of another similar lipstick. 

Both lip shades are a matte finish but leave your lips feeling surprisingly moisturised like you would expect from a lipgloss even though they have more of a lipstick look. They packaging is a basic tube with a standard doe foot applicator that is big enough to glide over your lips in one sweep. Overall I do like these lip creams but I think I'll only repurchase Cotton Candy 1 because it's a beautiful shade and far more wearable. I might however try some of the other shades available.

Have you tried Collection 2000's Cream Puff lip creams? Do you like a matte finish lip?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried nor heard of Collection 2000's Cream Puff lip creams...do you know if they're available in the US? I enjoy a good moisturizing lip cream that's mostly matte with a touch of gloss.

    Thanks for the product review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I don't actually know if they are available in the US....I tried having a look but I just got redirected back to UK drugstores :S

      Delete