photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

11.25.2012

HOW TO STYLE | FAUX FUR COLLARS

I've noticed that faux fur collars are becoming more and more popular and are a good alternative to buying a coat with an attached collar; giving you the option to wear your look with or without one. I personally like the trend and am actually thinking of buying myself one pretty soon. 

My mind then goes into overdrive putting together various outfits in my head centred around the collar and then I thought I'd share some of my ideas. These are just my suggestions of ways I would wear a fur collar, I'm sure there's hundreds of other ways though. 


This is a very casual look and I really like the light brown fur with the khaki green jacket, I would also swap out this jacket for a camouflage print one to give the same sort of effect. I think the main focus should be on the jacket and the collar so I'd keep the rest of the outfit black with a loose fitting t-shirt, some military-style boots and I chose wet-look leggings for this as the t-shirt is a long fit, but you could always wear just black jeans (which is what I would opt for) or plain black leggings!



This is a slightly less casual look to the previous and could be worn at night as well as the day. I really like the skater style dress that Topshop have and I think any dress of this style would work well. I kept it subtle with a dark, forest green dress and the rest of the look black (see a theme appearing yet). Fur collars and leather, biker jackets go perfectly together, and then a spiked necklace and spiked loafers just make the look a little more interesting. I'd also put tights as a part of this look too but I didn't think it was necessary to include those. 



I adore this fur collar, the colour and texture is perfect, and it's currently in the sale so bargain! Anyway, this look is definitely a winter one what with the boyfriend coat and the chelsea boots. I really like the dark brown fur paired with this khaki green coat, they compliment each other so well and then for a bit of pattern I chose a red check shirt and then just a pair of dark  blue wash jeans. This is my favourite of the three looks I've put together simply because I love the jacket/fur combination and I have a real love for chelsea boots and frilly socks at the moment too.

Do you own a faux fur collar? What would you pair one with? 

Emma xo
follow me on TWITTER and instagram at iamemmawilde

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

2 comments: