photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

11.27.2012

BALMI | RASPBERRY

Balmi (£4.99) - Boots

You may remember a long while ago, the huge hype surrounding the EOS lip balms available in the US but unfortunately for us UK residents, they were a lot harder to get a hold of. I never actually got my hands on one but the curiosity always remained; a round shaped lip balm really intrigued me for some reason.

Anyway, a few months ago (I know I'm late with this one!) the 'Balmi' came onto the scene in the UK, which is basically the same concept as the EOS version but slightly rounder. I however, could for the life of me find one anywhere, that is until a couple of weeks ago when I visited a huge boots store and finally found one. I bought the Raspberry version and the I'll admit, on finding it I was a little disappointed with the size. I envisioned it to bigger than it was for the price, even though, when out of the box it does look really cute and even has a keyring attachment which is a nice touch; I like the packaging I just wish it was a bit bigger.

Onto the product itself, I'm usually one for potted lip balms as I feel they last longer than stick forms, but this, although not technically in a pot, seems like it would last for a long time. It's almost like they've turned the pot inside out and this is what you've been left with and because of its rounded shape, application is made so much easier. The smell also deserves a mention, as I said, I bought the raspberry scent and it is a very prominent smell but isn't too overpowering which I like, I'm definitely on the hunt next for the mint flavoured one!

As for how well this lip balm moisturises your lips, I'm an avid Carmex lover, so it's inevitable that I'd compare the Balmi to that, and honestly, I don't think it does as good of a job. It does leave your lips feeling softer, just not as deeply moisturised as I feel Carmex does. It does do the job its supposed to but it's not my all time favourite lip balm. I do however, hope more brands take on this concept as it's far more hygienic and easier to apply than potted forms.

Have you tried the Balmi? If not, then is it something you would like to try? 

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

1 comments:

  1. I realllyyy want the coconut one but I can never find it and have no big boots stores anywhere near me! :( x

    ReplyDelete