photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

10.19.2012

AMERICAN APPAREL 'NEON VIOLET'

American Apparel 'Neon Violet' - Selfridges (part of a 3 for £17 deal)
Writing this has made me realise that I haven't posted a nails post in absolutely ages; I've not really worn very exciting colours lately though because I've been trying to let my nails get a bit healthier. This nail polish is my first by American Apparel (I do have another I got at the same time) and is a very bright neon purple shade called 'Neon Violet'. I got this as part of a three for £17 deal - I kept two and gave one to my mum - which I think is super expensive for nail polish but the bottles are a really big and I technically got these for free along with my other weekend buys from Selfridges.

This polish came out completely opaque after two coats which is what I'd expect really; I would maybe do three coats for a really neon look. It was easy to apply and dried reasonably quick though it did dry matte so I used a top coat. One not so great thing was that after only three days it has started to chip considerably, maybe it's my rubbish nails or maybe it's the formula...who knows.

I don't think I would buy any more American Apparel nail polishes but this is a really lovely colour and I might try it again with three coats to see if that's better. Have you tried American Apparel Nail Lacquer? What do you think of this shade?

Emma xo
follow me on TWITTER and instagram at iamemmawilde

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

2 comments: