photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

10.05.2012

ALEXANDER MCQUEEN SPRING/SUMMER 2013


For as long as I can remember, or at least since I've been following fashion, I have always admired each and every piece by Alexander McQueen. The way each show has its own theme and direction, as well as its own story is just mesmerising to me and the Spring/Summer 2013 collection is no exception.

As with most, if not all, of McQueen's collections, the main theme running throughout is definitely the head wear. Whether it be the donut shaped hair we saw in the McQ collection, the space-age style eye pieces from Autumn/Winter 2012 or now, the cylindrical hats almost, that are gracing the heads of each and every model. This is definitely one of the reasons I love McQueen so much. 

As for the Spring/Summer 2013 collection, I have to say, it is one of my favourites. I don't think it quite beats the previous, all singing all dancing collection though which exploded from the very start into various shapes and creatives. This collection however, was very much more structured throughout, taking hints from the previous, but in a less obvious way. It began with tailoring through cropped trousers and exaggerated peplums and then gradually explored very large, lemon, mid-calf dresses and bustiers which create almost the perfect silhouette. This collection focuses heavily on the figure and accentuating it through caged forms and mesh sections leading to the final pieces which encapsulate the entire show. Detail seemed also important and we saw shoes filled with beads and woven around the foot, alongside intricate - but subtle - ruffle details. 

 I never get tired of seeing what the next Alexander McQueen collection will hold and this collection really did make the wait worthwhile. Although I prefer some collections to others the magnitude of some of these pieces really does confirm why Alexander McQueen is my favourite fashion house; I just love how Sarah Burton is continuing the brand! 

Emma xo
All images are from Vogue.com
follow me on TWITTER and instagram at iamemmawilde

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment