photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

12.18.2011

Nicole Scherzinger...

Today I finally got around to watching The Royal Variety Show and the acts in general were I have to say, very good. One in particular literally left me speechless and that was Nicole Scherzinger singing The Phantom of the Opera. When Andrew Lloyd Webber said she would be singing as Christine I was dubious but after hearing it, all I can say is, why hasn't Nicole sung like this before?! She was absolutely world-class and she has opened up a whole new world for herself and her career. She did sing another of her own songs too, but that was nothing in comparison to this...


(source: broadwayworld)


This performance was just stunning. Nicole sung with four different phantoms - Simon Bowman, Earl Carpenter, John Owen-Jones and Ramin Karimloo - and each gave a chilling show in their own way. My favourite of the phantoms was the two on the left, the furthest on the right just didn't do it for me to be honest; his voice was just too deep and not as powerful as the other three. This performance was to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the show The Phantom of the Opera and what better way to do it than in front of Princess Royal Anne and the guests of The Royal Variety. I now have this song stuck in my head...I haven't been able to stop singing it all day! 


Did you watch The Royal Variety Show? What are your thoughts on Nicole's pleasantly surprising performance? Did any of the other performance stand put for you?


xoxo


 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment