photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

12.11.2011

Meryl Streep Covers US Vogue (finally!)

Finally the day has come! At age 62, Meryl Streep has finally got a cover of US Vogue and it's about time I say! Apparently Meryl is the oldest person to ever grace the cover of US Vogue and more power to her! Meryl Streep is America's most talented actress alive in many peoples eyes including my own and every movie she appears in is flawlessly acted. She is an icon and I'm just happy to see someone with true talent on the cover of Vogue; she really deserves it. I'm just sad that it looks to be one of the thinnest issues in a long time...

(source: Vogue)

This cover is such a natural and not overly airbrushed photo that is oh so refreshing to see. Meryl is wearing a soft grey coloured dress that is very age appropriate and is pictured on a beach, which surprised me a little after last months beach issue. This was shot by Annie Leibovitz and I couldn't think of a better person to shoot it to be honest. I'm going to buy this issue asap, so excited to read the interview!

I have been looking forward to watching The Iron Lady for some time now since I found out Meryl was the lead and this cover was more than likely timed to coincide with her movie being released and awards season. Meryl will surely be in the running for many many awards. 

Are you a Meryl Streep fan? What do you think of her cover?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment