photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

12.09.2011

TV Shows I Watch

When I thought of doing this blog post I was like oh this will be easy talking about the shows I watch, but then I remembered that I watch a lot of shows! Some how I manage to keep up with maybe 15 shows at once during the week which may seem like a lot but really it isn't because some are on whilst some are on hiatus and then visa versa. So anyway, onto the shows I watch; I think I'll talk about them in order of my favourites. 

Private Practice


This show has been my favourite show since 2007 when it first aired. It is a spin-off from the medical drama Grey's Anatomy where if follows Addison Montgomery (Kate Walsh) as she moves from Seattle to Los Angeles to work at Oceanside Wellness. The show is a medical drama but it isn't set solely in a hospital. Many of the scenes are set in the practice itself or even at the characters homes so it's a bit different from your typical medical show. I think the reasons I love this show are a. because Kate Walsh is in it. She is my all time favourite actress and I think her character Addison is just brilliant! and b. because the story lines are so involving. Each week I feel like I'm so involved with the characters lives which may seem silly but I enjoy it haha. Private Practice is currently mid-way through it's fifth season - sadly it's on a hiatus at the moment :( - and I think it has many more seasons ahead of it. New cast are brought in each season as old cast are lost which although is it's sad to lose characters, I just think it creates more opportunities for continuing story lines.



Rizzoli and Isles


Rizzoli and Isles is a crime drama set in Boston which follows Jane Rizzoli (Angie Harmon) a homicide detective, and Maura Isles (Sasha Alexander) a medical examiner who together solve the crimes of the city. The show is based on the books written by Tess Gerritsen and begins telling the story of Jane Rizzoli and her hunt for revenge on Hoyt after he left her with a scar going through each of her palms. The main attraction to the show is the relationship between Jane and Maura. Both characters are total opposites and yet they work well together both on and off screen. Maura is basically a walking encyclopedia and regularly explains things that no other human being would ever understand. Jane on the other hand is a sarcastic character who always has an answer for everything. I started watch Rizzoli and Isles back in 2010 when it first aired. At the time no one I spoke to had even heard of it, but I still loved it anyway. When it's second season aired though this year a huge rise in the number of viewers came and now it is at it's peak of popularity! I just like knowing I watched it when it was an unknown show :D



The Vampire Diaries


In the mitts of a supernatural era, I had to include The Vampire Diaries. I started watching this show in 2009 when it first aired and I'll admit, I was terrified! I would sit watching it, skipping over the majority of the episodes to get to the non-scary parts haha. Now however, as it's moved onto it's third season, the scary factor has cooled off a bit and it focuses more on the story lines and the characters. The main character is Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev) who is not a vampire, but instead meets Stefan Salvator (Paul Wesley) who is, which consequently plummets her into the world of the supernatural. Stefan has a brother, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) who is the rebellious vampire who will kill anything in his path - the opposite of Stefan who is a self-proclaimed vegetarian. I have actually preferred Damon right from the start because I think his character has more depth. Stefan is just a whiny vampire who doesn't really act like a vampire at all! I'm also really rooting for Elena and Damon as a couple as they have more on-screen chemistry than her an Stefan have ever shown. This show, like Private Practice, is also on hiatus at the moment.



Castle


Castle is a crime drama with a twist. Kate Beckett (Stana Katic) is a homicide detective who leads a team to solve crimes. Richard Castle (Nathan Fillion) is a writer who decides to write a novel about a detective inspired by Kate Beckett. This involves him shadowing her in order to gain a feel for what she really does. After his book is complete he then sticks around at the NYPD helping solve crimes and generally getting himself into trouble. I didn't start watching Castle when it first aired, I started watching when season three was started airing, but I caught up on one and two first. Season one bored me to be honest, it just didn't seem to go anywhere and the characters lacked chemistry. Season two I don't even remember which doesn't really say much does it! Season three however is when it all turned around for me. The characters seemed to mesh better and the on-screen chemistry between Beckett and Castle just grew and grew. Now with season four it continues to get better and I find myself getting so involved with the story lines! 



True Blood


Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) who is a telepathic waitress who meets a vampire named Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer). Other vampires are later introduced; Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) and Pam (Kristen Bauer) who are initially against the idea of human and are the typical vampires. This show has other supernaturals too like shape shifters, witches, maenads and werewolves which jet makes it different from other vampire shows. 



Grey's Anatomy


Me and Grey's Anatomy have had a real love/hate relationship. Some seasons I absolutely love but others really make me wonder why I continue to watch the show. The main reason for this is the main character Meredith Grey (Ellen Pompeo), who in my opinion is such a needy character who just has too many problems! It's like every episode is a new problem for Meredith and it really gets on my nerves. This aside, at the moment I'm really liking the show - I was before it went on hiatus! Although I stick to my original feeling that it has too many main characters, I am willing to put this aside and focus my attentions on the characters I do like. The show is a medical drama and focuses on the journeys of being an intern, resident and attending. The characters have to maintain their medical training whilst trying to juggle messy personal lives also which is where sometimes the show can get a bit annoying with the several stories going on at once. 



Necessary Roughness


Necessary Roughness is a show I doubt many people will have heard of, but if you have then that's great! I had no expectations of the show beforehand and also no clue what it was going to be about and in a way I think that's the best way to be when faced with a new show. Callie Thorne plays Dr Dani Santino who gets a job as a therapist for a football team, and then her career suddenly takes off from there with many famous and well known clients. Dani is a very straight talking, tough woman who knows how to handle her career but struggles when it comes to her personal life. I like this two sides we see of Dani and I think seeing her vulnerable side is good. Dani is contacted regularly by the teams 'fixer' Nico (Scott Cohen) who is a very mysterious man who doesn't share any details of his life. Another character closely followed is Matt Donnally (Marc Blucas) who immediately we see to have chemistry with Dani. This show is different to anything I've watched before but I can honestly say I'd totally recommend it.


I think that's enough of me rambling, don't you? Some other shows I watch though are: 

The Closer
Desperate Housewives
Gossip Girl
90210
The Secret Circle
Body of Proof
Person of Interest
The Mentalist
Pretty Little Liars
The Lying Game
Revenge
Hawaii Five-0
Royal Pains
Glee
CSI: Miami
Law and Order: SVU

Do you watch any of the shows I've mentioned? Or do you have any shows you'd recommend I started watching?

xoxo

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment