photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

12.20.2011

Terra Nova

(source: terranovatv)

I think I may be becoming slightly obsessed with the new FOX sci-fi drama, Terra Nova. When it first aired I read about it and it didn't sound like my cup of tea to be perfectly honest but after hearing so many good things about it, today I gave it a chance. I've only watched four episodes but already I feel like I'm hooked!

Terra Nova basically follows the Shannon family who get the opportunity to travel back 85 million years to prehistoric times to get away from their dying planet. They are faced with dinosaurs, reptiles and 'Sixers' who are basically rogue citizens of Terra Nova. The Shannon family must fit in with this way of life and try to build themselves a permanent home. 

The story sounds strange and almost like a movie but I was surprised at how much drama is included. It's not just your typical sci-fi - although the scenery does look a lot like that from Avatar and Jurassic Park - it closely follows each character and the ways they are coping with their new environment and lifestyle rather than the sole focus being on the dinosaurs.

The main character is Jim Shannon (Jason O'Mara), an ex-cop and escaped prisoner who moves with his wife Elisabeth (Shelley Conn) after being offered a job as a medical doctor. The Commander in charge of the Terra Nova is Nathaniel Taylor (Stephen Lang). All the cast act well, okay so in some parts they are a bit stiff but I think that's down to it being a new show with new characters. I like the characters, especially Jim and the commander; together O'Mara and Lang work so well together and mesh seamlessly.

I'd recommend this show to anyone. Whether you enjoy sci-Fi, drama, adventure or whatever, this show is great and honestly, I think it would appeal to lots of different people. I would say though, don't judge it by what's written on the likes of IMDB or Wikipedia because that's what I did and it turns out I actually do like it even though I thought I wouldn't. Terra Nova is slowly becoming one of my top shows...

Check out the trailer and let me know your thoughts. Will you be watching? Do you already watch?


 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment