photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

12.04.2011

Vintage Vogue Covers

























Looking at old vintage Vogue covers I really wish I had been alive during these periods. The simplistic covers nowadays wouldn't fly with the fashion industry which is why it really surprises me that these had such an impact in their time. The women on the covers seem so elegant and well dressed, unlike todays covers which show the likes of Beyonce, Lady Gaga and Cheryl Cole who just don't have the same elegance. 

What else amazes me is the covers that are completely designed with shapes, drawings and graphics, rather than the typical photographed, photoshopped image we see today. I think Vogue should try and do this type of thing again in the future and bring back a bit of vintage fashion. 

xoxo

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

1 comments:

  1. Emma,

    Thank you for your insight. Just a little over a month ago I started an album on facebook lamenting, "VOGUE were the days... It's sad to see fashion magazines these days aren't as creative with their covers as they used to be." It's nice to share the same view on the state of fashion magazine covers today.

    ReplyDelete