photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

12.06.2011

Fragrance for Thought? Boyfriend by Kate Walsh

This weeks fragrance for thought is Kate Walsh's 'Boyfriend'. This perfume has to be my all time favourite - mainly because the smell is so unique, but partly because it is made by Kate Walsh.


The scent is supposed to encapsulate a man's scent on a woman's body but in my opinion, although I love the smell, I don't think it's at all what a man smells like - though the concept is there. The fragrance is described as 'an alluring balance of vanilla, jasmine blossoms, and an accord of amber is set against the sensual scents of a man, including a light musk and a shimmer of fresh woods.' You can definitely smell the vanilla and musk and then throughout the day the other lighter notes begin to come out. 


One thing I will say is this perfume lasts a long time on your skin. You can put on some perfumes and without a few hours they are barely noticeable, but with this scent it will last throughout the entire day I assure you.

This is largest bottle you can get and mine has hardly been used for the simple reason that it is so hard to get hold of! I live in the UK and this perfume is only available in the US - or was until two weeks ago - but even so, the postage from the US is so over priced so to get it shipped here would cost more than the perfume itself! However, if you do live in the US I'd totally recommend you go and get yourself some and if you don't  then maybe try and get a US friend to send you some - that's what I did. 

Before the release of this fragrance, Kate shot a series of 'webimercials' to promote the brand and get across the story and here they are:









(source: k8walsh1 youtube channel)


I would recommend this fragrance to anyone who is a. A fan of Kate Walsh. b. A fan of strong scents. c. A person who likes to try new and different scents.

Have you tried Boyfriend? Are you a fan of Kate Walsh? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

xoxo

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment