photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

12.24.2011

Fragrance for Thought? Chanel N°5


This fragrance needs no introductions; Chanel N°5 is probably one of the most iconic brands ever and I finally got myself the Eau De Parfum 50ml perfume! I have always wanted this perfume but the idea of spending over £50 on a perfume for myself just didn't seem plausible so as I walked around House of Fraser I sprayed a sample as I past the Chanel counter and went on my way...

The minute I smelt this scent I fell in love with it. It is a very very strong smell but I absolutely love it because I prefer strong scents to soft, unnoticeable ones. I would say this is definitely more of an evening or special occasion fragrance because it could get overwhelming if worn as an everyday. The fragrance is described as having notes of vanilla, sandalwood, jasmine, rose, amber, spice and lemon. I can definitely smell the vanilla and a mix of floral scents but I really can't smell the lemon which is good for me because I don't like lemon at all!

As you can probably gather from the photograph, I did get myself my very own bottle of Chanel N°5 thanks to my mum. She has apparently had this bottle in her wardrobe for years and she has only used it a few times, she actually thought it would have gone off by now - can perfume even go off? She saw how much I liked it and just gave it to me...I'm so so so happy that I finally have my own bottle but now I'm just making sure I use it wisely to make sure it never runs out! 

This scent is a very mature scent and it honestly makes you feel expensive. When I spray this on myself I feel so good which is kind of strange seeing as it's just a perfume but it's true, I feel expensive! If you like stronger perfumes and you can afford to buy this then I'd totally recommend you do. Now I have this one, I hoping to someday get myself Chanel Coco Mademoiselle which smells amazing also...


Have you tried any Chanel fragrances? If you have I'd love to know which is your favourite, or if you haven't, which would you like to try?

xoxo

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment