photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

7.13.2012

REVLON LIP BUTTER IN STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE

Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake: Boots/Superdrug (£7.99)


Wow I'm late posting this! I've actually had this Revlon Lip Butter for weeks now and I actually thought I'd blogged about it already; clearly not. When these first came out I was skeptical about them, I mean they are a lip butter so I just assumed that they would be very sheer and very well, pointless. I mean paying £7.99 for an almost lip balm isn't my idea of a worth while purchase but having used this for a good few weeks now, I have completely altered my opinion on the Revlon Lip Butters.

I chose Strawberry Shortcake which is a warm pinkish shade with blue undertones. On my lips it does come out a lot more of a pale barbie pink than it appears in the tube but I think with my skin tone, it still looks nice. I love how the blue undertones really make my teeth look whiter haha. It is a very creamy consistency and the application is so easy because it jet glides onto your lips like a lip balm. It is a very moisturising formulation which feels nice on the lips and doesn't leave them feeling dry at all - it does however show all the inconsistencies of your lips so I'd suggest applying a good lip balm first. One thing I wish was different was the lasting power. It only lasts on the lips around 2 hours maximum before you need to reapply which is annoying but I suppose for a sheer lip balm/stick is what you'd expect.

The price was what surprised me the most and not in a good way. I think nearing £8 is a bit steep for the product you are getting. I mean, it is after all just a very sheer lipstick/balm. I'll give it the fact that it is moisturising and the colour payoff is surprisingly good for what it is, plus the packaging is lovely, but I still think the price is a little too much; even if Revlon is usually a higher priced drugstore brand anyway. I would however still recommend the Revlon Lip Butters for anyone who is looking for a moisturising sheer lipstick with good colour payoff. I am actually now wanting to try a couple of the other shades to see if they are all as good as this one. This however does seem to be the best pigmentation of the lighter shades available.  

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Such a great review. I have been really interested in this product and i even considered buying it, but if it only lasts 2 hours? Hmmm i might have to re-think this one!
    Anna

    http://opshopaholic.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would still recommend it, even though it only lasts around 2-3 hours, it is a lip balm formula almost so is to be expected. You do get a lot of product though.

      Delete