photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

7.15.2012

MODELS OWN | BEACH PARTY


This nail polish, oh my gosh I just love it! There is definitely a party going on on my nails right now; the name is so true. I bought Beach Party - part of the Head Kandi range - last weekend after seeing it on so many blogs and it came as one of my first ever Models Own polishes. I honestly was not prepared for just now bright it really is, the photos really do not show its true brightness. I mean it's that bright it pretty much glows in the dark - as someone said to me at work; "at least if you break down, even in the dark, you can just wave your hands for help"!

 The application of this polish really wasn't all that great in my opinion. I found it so difficult to get a non-streaky and opaque look and ended up having to blow on my nails to even it out - this surprisingly worked haha. The finish however did end up looking alright, but I noticed it did begin to turn slightly matte which I'm not a fan of so I just put a top coat over. I did however like how quickly it dried, I literally finished painting my second hand my and my first was pretty much dry which is great.

So far, I've had this on my nails for about 3 days and there are so signs of wear or chipping and the colour is definitely as bright as ever. I really love the colour; it's definitely one that gets noticed - a lot. Some people seem to really like it, others however, have just given me funny looks. I think it makes a boring/dull outfit much more interesting; paired with an al black look would be best.

Even though I found the application to be a tad tricky, I do absolutely love the colour and it seems to wear well. i'm excited to try out more Models Own polished, especially some more from the Head Kandi range.
Have you tried Beach Party? Which Models Own polish would you recommend? 

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Love this colour! Its perfect for summer. After winter i am starting to get a bit bored of all my dull colours. It looks beautiful on.
    Anna

    http://opshopaholic.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh I was the same, wanted something a bit more vibrant! It is a lovely shade...

      Delete