photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

7.24.2012

VO5 MIRACLE CONCENTRATE ELIXR WITH ARGAN OIL

VO5 Miracle Concentrate Elixr with Argan Oil - Boots (£5.19 per 50ml)

I've noticed lately that oil hair treatments are becoming more and more popular; especially so in the blogging community. I personally am all for trying a new hair product, especially if it claims to help damaged hair. Having coloured hair looks nice but doesn't do anything for the health of your hair so I'm always looking for ways to keep my locks looking lovely. 

A popular hair treatment at the moment seems to be Moroccan oil but in all honesty, yes I want my hair to be healthy, but I don't really fancy paying the outrageous prices for these oils so I have opted for trying out some of the lesser expensive drugstore products. It seems Argan oil however, is a much more readily available hair oil than Moroccan, but if it does the job, who cares what oil it is or where it's from! A personal favourite of mine is Tresemme's Argan Oil Serum which is great because it does the job of a hair oil and the job of a serum so in theory, you should get shiny, healthy and smooth hair. I do love this serum, and when I use it I can see the effects right away but then not long after, my hair just goes bad to looking 'fluffy' and normal.

I decided to go on the hunt for a new hair oil and last week, I ventured into Boots and found the VO5 Miracle Concentrate Elixr wit Argan Oil. Can I first just start by saying, how small are these bottles?! I mean I know you only need the smallest amount and I know that the tiny bottle will last ages, but I just wish they sold different sizes - it's exactly the same thing with the Tresemme serum as well! Anyway, the product itself is in a cute little bottle with a pipette lid which really does make ice so much easier. To apply, you squeeze a tiny, pea sized amount into your hands and then apply this to the ends and mid-length of your hair - it seems to work better on wet hair, but it does say you can apply it to dry hair too.  I've also found the heat from blow drying your hair, makes the oil work slightly better, but if you don't like to use heat then letting your hair dry naturally will be fine too. 

After using this product I notice the effects instantly and it leaves my hair feeling the softest it has ever felt (clique much?). I've also noticed that the ends of my hair are looking much healthier and not their usual dry selves - whether this is the oil or something else I don't know but either way I honestly love this VO5 Argan oil and I think I'll be using this for a long long time. 

Have you tried any hair oil treatments, if so, which ones and how did you find them? 

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I havent tried any hair treatments like moroccan oil as the price is expensive, so im always on the look out for cheaper alternatives, definately going to give this a go because i have coloured hair that isnt all that healthy! xo

    vintage-teapot.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete