photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

7.09.2012

MODELS OWN NUDE BEIGE


Recently I've really been loving glitter accent nails, especially with colours that could otherwise be seen as boring. I bought Models Own Nude Beige yesterday - my first ever polish from this brand - because I thought it was a lovely neural shade but after painting my nails with it I immediately felt they looked too boring; so out came my glitter polish by Tecnic - which apparently is called 'carnival', I have always just called it glitter haha.

I actually love this combination so much! Its a real mix of the warm tone of the nude and the blues and red of the glitter which normally wouldn't sound like it'd work but for some reason this really does. I think only on one nail though; it may be overkill on all of them. As for Nude Beige itself, I like the overall finish, but I really didn't like the application. For some unknown reason it came out very streaky at first and I found it so difficult to get a full cover without it looking well, bad. However, I do love that this polish is so opaque and only needed two coats to get the perfect look. 

I'm excited to try some more Model Own polishes; I just hope others apply a little better than this one did. I have on my list: Balearic Cool, Hedonist, Beach Party (which I bought yesterday), Utopia, Toxic Apple, Pinky Brown and Emerald Black.

Are you a fan of glitter accent nails, or do you prefer more or no glitter? Have you tried Models Own?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

3 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous colour! Very similar to mushroom by Barry M :D

    http://georgialouisexo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh now you mention it, it is very similar! Mushroom also looks good with glitter haha :)

      Delete
  2. this is really nice combo, really want to get that technic polish! i love glitter accent nails :D xo

    vintage-teapot.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete