photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

6.30.2012

RIMMEL WAKE ME UP FOUNDATION

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation - Boots

After hearing so many glowing (ironic?) reviews about this foundation on both blogs and youtube, I decided to take the £8.99 plunge and just buy it - I have since discovered that Bots are now selling it for £6.99 on a special £2 off Rimmel products deal. 

After using this foundation now for I think around three weeks, I can honestly say it's well worth the money. It feels very light weight on your skin which is surprising considering it's a medium to possibly full coverage product, and it leaves you with a dewy glow that isn't matte but isn't shiny - a happy medium I'd say. The idea behind the 'wake me up' part of this foundation lies with the tiny flecks of glitter in the foundation itself  that Rimmel claims: 'lifts skin from fatigue with a healthy, radiant glow.' It does make your skin feel more glowing in my opinion and although the glitter is noticeable on the skin (see above photo) it isn't that noticeable that you look like a disco ball. 

I was concerned when purchasing this foundation that there would be a limited colour range as I've heard people say that quite frequently but when it came down to it, I think, although there won't be an exact match for everyone, I think there are enough shades to find one that will work. I ended up going with Natural Beige which for me is perfect; it's a tad darker than my skin tone but not too much that I look orange. 

Also, I just love the packaging; for a drug store product, the glass bottle is very sturdy and the pump is great and so much easier to work with. One thing which is definitely a love hate bout this product I've noticed s the bright orange lid - I personally love it, especially the glitter flecks too, but I know a lot of people think this makes it look cheap? I just love everything about the packaging.

I know I'm no expert when it comes to this but I jet wanted to share my thoughts. I really would recommend this foundation; it has great coverage, a great finish and it has SPF15 which is an added bonus! One thing I would say though is if you have oilier skin you may need a matte powder over the top as it isn't oil-free and therefore I doubt it would last as long on the skin without. 

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I must try this!!!
    Love you're blog! :)
    Maybe we could follow eachother??!
    - andrealamo.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just been on your blog, really enjoyed reading through your posts...followed! :)

      Delete