photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

6.22.2012

RIMMEL MOISTURE RENEW LIPSTICK IN VINTAGE PINK

Vintage Pink 180 - Boots £6.29

A couple of weeks ago I read about Rimmel's Vintage Pink lipstick and how great it was, so that in mind, I set off to Boots to buy my own. Lately my love for lip products is growing more and more; I'd say I'm definitely a lipstick person now, although, I'm no daring enough to wear bright reds or fuchsia's just yet!

Anyway, I bought vintage pink and immediately fell in love with it. It is definitely more of an autumn/winter shade I feel but it's still wearable now especially in the UK as our summer is non-existent. The colour is a very deep mauve/plum purple that definitely leans more to the pink side on my lips but I have seen it on others as a more plum coloured shade.

True to its 'moisture renew' name, this lipstick is very very moisturising and very creamy on the lips and surprisingly has good staying power which you wouldn't normally expect from such a creamy product. The pigmentation is great and again, varies depending on your natural lip pigmentation. This is definitely the most daring lipstick I own - other than a red which I don't dare to wear.

As for the packaging; I know a lot of people think it's quite tacky/cheap/drugstore-ish but I personally really like the purple tube. It definitely stands out from my other lipsticks and I think it's a fun alternative to an ordinary tube. Although it's plastic, the packaging does seem sturdy and the lid clicks in place which I like. Obviously I haven't shown the lipstick across the room or anything like that so I can't say just how sturdy it is, but for in your handbag it's fine.

This is definitely one of my favourite lipsticks and come autumn/winter, I can see this will be my go-to shade. I'm keen to try some more of the moisture renew shades if you have any suggestions. Also, I'd love some mauve/pink toned suggestions too!

Have you tried Vintage Pink by Rimmel? 

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

4 comments:

  1. wow, the oclor looks gorgeous. I'm def. going to have to get it :)

    www.seekvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the colours gorgeous, dont know if it will suit me though! havent tried any moisture renew lippys may have to! xo

    vintage-teapot.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will definitely suit the majority of people! if not then just try one of the other lighter moisture renew shades :)

      Delete
  3. I love Vintage Pink and was wanting to buy a new one but could not remember the shade no. I have lived abroad for several years and bought it on one of my trips home. I hope that they still do it??

    ReplyDelete