photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

6.20.2012

ESSIE MINT CANDY APPLE

 Essie Mint Candy Apple - £7.99 (boots)

After much deliberation I finally caved in and bought an Essie nail polish. For the past couple of weeks, each time I've been in Boots I've picked up Mint Candy Apple, wandered the store with it, got to the till and then changed my mind. The thought of spending £8 on a nail polish actually pains me inside but last weekend I finally took the plunge and just bought it! 

All I can say is that it is definitely worth the price and I'm so so glad that I decided to get it. In fact, I think this is the best nail polish I've ever used; the application is easy, it literally just glides onto your nail and because of the extra thick brush, it is so quick and doesn't leave your nails looking streaky like some polishes do. It's also super fast drying and finishes with a lovely shiny look (although I still used a top coat - habit). I have to say, I was slightly disappointed with the colour on my nails. In the bottle it looks a very mint greenish shade but on the nails it's definitely more of a blue tone, very similar to Blue Moon by Barry M except that has slight shimmer. This aside, I still love this polish and think to is well worth it. 

I've only had this on my nails for a couple of days but so far it hasn't chipped or worn which is great! I usually change my nails every 3-4 days but I think I'll keep this on longer...don't want to waste it at that price! Speaking of the price again, think I'll be splurging a little more in the near future on a few other shades that I have my eye on. Any recommendations?

Emma xo

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

2 comments:

  1. havent tried any of these yet, love the colour but the price tag turns me off them a bit too :/ xo

    vintage-teapot.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was exactly like that but having now tried one, I think they are well worth it, I think everyone should try at least one! :D

      Delete