photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

8.26.2012

MODELS OWN | BALEARIC COOL


Balearic Cool is the newest addition to my nail polish collection and is a bright, almost neon blue shade. This polish is part of the Hed Kandi collaboration and although it's bright, it definitely isn't as neon compared to Beach Party and Hedonist which are serious neon shades - not for the faint hearted! 

Now onto the disappointing part. Of all the nail polishes I've tried before, this has to be the worst one is the way of formula. It is a very watery and thin consistency which means it required three thick coats to become opaque enough to be acceptable. This is really surprising because this is the only one I've tried from the Models Own range that has this formula; the rest apply so nicely or at least have a thick formula that's easier to work with. 

Even though this polish requires that little bit of extra effort, the finished result is lovely and it has quickly become one of my all time favourites. It's such a statement shade. Quick question, has anyone else noticed that Models Own polishes smell like a lot more like actual wall paint? Maybe this is just me....

follow me on TWITTER and instagram at iamemmawilde

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

3 comments:

  1. When I saw this picture my mouth dropped open a bit it looks that lovely! I have beach party and hedonist so may need to get this too. Have also noticed the paint smell - not good! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should get this one! well worth the hassle to apply it....

      Delete
  2. Love this colour!
    www.thestyleshedblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete