photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

2.07.2012

Soap and Glory Thick & Fast Mascara

Last week I was on my usual magazine hunt when I spotted that Elle were giving a FREE Soap and Glory Thick & Fast Mascara away with their March issue. Now honestly, I'm not the biggest fan on Elle and only usual buy an issue if the cover is good. But I couldn't pass up a free S&G product now could I? 

 



This mascara is said to create: 'longer, fuller, fabulous lashes' with the false-lash effect which I was quite excited about because my eyelashes are pretty pathetic and so anything that claims to make them thicker and longer is worth a try. 

To start with the packaging, I think it's okay, there's nothing really special about it and compared to the brands usual products which have quirky names and fun messages on them, it's quite plain really; I suppose its the product inside that really counts though. The tube is a reasonable size and in all fairness its sleek and easy to just pop in your bag so I can't really complain. As for the brush, it's really big in size compared to other mascaras I've tried which isn't a good thing in my opinion. It was quite hard to apply; especially to the inner corner lashes and it left little dots on parts of my eyes which isn't the best look.




The packaging and brush aside, it's really all about how the product performs. I have been using this mascara now for a week and I'm sad to say that I really don't like it. As you can see from the photo above it does really lengthen your eyelashes, but I just don't see the thickening aspect. My lashes still look thin and 'stringy' and I found it really hard to work the brush through my lashes to achieve any sort of thickness. I also found that my lashes were left stuck together and looking clumpy which for such a well recognised and expensive product shouldn't have been the case. 

I was expecting a lot more thickness from this mascara which is the thing I find my lashes need the most and I'm afraid I just didn't get it. I certainly don't think I achieved the 'false-lash effect' that S&G claims (I'm sort of glad in a way though as I don't want to look like I'm wearing false lashes!) One more thing is that when this mascara dried it left a very crispy texture to my lashes although surprisingly it didn't flake! 

This is just my opinion however, I'm not in any way saying that this mascara is awful, for some it may be their dream mascara, but for me, it just wasn't good. 

Have you ever tried Soap and Glory's Thick & Fast Mascara, what are your thoughts? If not, will you be trying it?

Soap and Glory's Thick & Fast Mascara retails for £10 at most boots stores, but this month get it for free with a £3.90 purchase of Elle magazine.

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment