photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

2.13.2012

BAFTAs 2012: Best and Worst Dressed

I'm the first to admit that when it comes to British television and movies I'm usually not a fan. I just think that very few British actors can actually act - that is only my opinion though. However, last night at the British Academy Television Awards the stars came out in force and I have to say that there were some really lovely dresses on the red carpet. I have narrowed it down to three best and three worst but I'll say this now; no one really stood out to me...

Best Dressed

Joanne Froggatt
Joanne was definitely the wow of the night for me wearing a black Victoria Beckham gown with an exposed zip all the way down the back. This dress fitted her perfectly and her look from head to toe was just beautifully simple with a clashing gold clutch and a simple half-up waved hairstyle. This look is up there with my best of the best this awards season. 


Fearne Cotton
I'm not usually a fan of Fearne's style but last night she really did look great wearing a salmon Moschino gown with a high neck and bow detail belt. I would say though that the jewellery is a bit matchy matchy and I just wish she would have chosen only one ring maybe? Overall I love this look, I think she looks great - especially her hair! 


Miss Piggy
I felt it was necessary to include Miss Piggy in my best dressed section because quite frankly she looked great! Wearing a Louis Vuitton dress and various pearls and diamonds Miss Piggy interviewed stars as they walked the red carpet and so I think it was only fair I included her :)



Worst Dressed

Edith Bowman
Edith Edith Edith, what were you thinking? This vintage Dior dress screams unflattering; the length is peculiar and I just want to rip the sleeves off and to top that off; the shoes aren't that great and the gloves are just all wrong. 


Meryl Streep
First off I just want to say how awesome it was that Meryl won for her performance of Margaret Thatcher but I'm just sad that she chose to dress like her character for the awards! This black Vivienne Westwood gown just didn't work for me, I don't like the huge shoulders of the 'jacket' and then the dress is not really Meryl. Normally she opts for very age appropriate and flattering things which this dress is not...


Penelope Cruz
I may be alone with this one but I really don't like Penelope's Armani Prive dress. The colour suits her well and I like the skirt of the dress but it's just from the waist up that doesn't really work for me. I don't understand the squared off panel neckline and the excess material around the waist. I think this dress with a heart shaped neckline would have been so much better.


That's it for my best and worst looks of the BAFTAs; do you agree? Who was your best and worst dressed of the night?

(source: omgYahoo)

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment