photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

2.03.2012

You're My Blood Brother

Last night me and a couple of friends went to the theatre to see Blood Brothers. Going into the show I had no expectations and really no idea what it was going to be like...I didn't even know the story properly! Anyway, that aside, I was really excited to see another show; I think going to the theatre is one of those things everyone should experience once...or several times! One thing, our seats were at the far far left of the Dress Circle which I wasn't too happy about, but when we got there the seats were actually really great and we got a good view...


Blood Brothers is set in Liverpool and is basically about twin brothers, Eddie and Mickey, who are separated at birth where one stays with the mother and the other goes to live with a wealthy family and so both have completely opposite upbringings. They then meet when they are a bit older and make a pact to become 'blood brothers', still unaware that they are in fact twins. Then story then progresses and is all about how the past can come back to get you; which is continually implied through the narrator as he appears on the stage throughout singing 'The Devil's Got Your Number' which I think is from the song 'Shoes Upon The Table'.


Now, after seeing Blood Brothers all I can say is wow. It has to be one of my favourites, up there with the likes of The Lion King and Mamma Mia which I also loved. The cast were brilliant and they truly did a great job. The main characters were Mrs Johnston who was played by Maureen Nolan and the Narrator who was played by Marti Pellow. Two brilliant main cast members who both in my opinion gave a stellar performance. Other cast included Sean Jones as Mickey, Matthew Collyer as Eddie and Tracy Spencer. 


The narrator was my favourite of all the cast simply because of his voice. Those who have heard Marti Pellow sing will know how he sounds, but I seriously had chills listening to him sing in parts; especially when he sung The Devils Got Your Number parts throughout which was a beautifully deep song. Two other songs I really enjoyed were 'Mad Man' (Marti Pellow) which was so powerful and intense to listen to and 'Marilyn Monroe 3' (Maureen Nolan) which told the story of Mickey's life as of that moment. 

This show was a mix of emotions from happiness and laughter more in the first act, to real sadness and shock in the second. If you watch this show, be prepared to laugh, cry and jump out of your seat! I would recommend it to everyone though, I thoroughly enjoyed it and would totally see it again which I haven't said about many shows.

Oh oh, another exciting part of the evening was after the show, where I stayed behind and waited at the stage door - there was only me and another couple of people, I thought there would have been more. The less major cast members came out first and then I waited and waited and next Marti came out; I didn't meet him because the other group were far too excited to see him, plus I don't really know of him that much so I thought it would have been weird meeting him haha. I continued to wait and finally Maureen came out which is who I'd been waiting for. She was so quiet when she came through the door and I honestly didn't know what to say to her, so I asked her for a photograph and then she asked how I liked the show and then she left; short and sweet.


The show was brilliant, the cast were brilliant and I got to meet a Maureen Nolan. It was a good night.

xoxo

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment