photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

2.13.2012

54th Annual Grammy Awards: Best and Worst Dressed

Last night was the 2012 Grammy Awards and honestly, I wasn't all that impressed by a lot of the dresses that hit the red carpet. Some people really did stand out, whilst others should have just stayed at home! 

Best Dressed

Carrie Underwood
Carrie was the best dressed celebrity of the night I thought. She wore a sequined embellished Gomez-Gracia gown with a high neckline and a plunging cut-out back. This dress is absolutely stunning and paired with a black clutch and a simple up-do really did make it stand out on the red carpet. This whole look is for me, one of the best looks of the awards season so far!



Taylor Swift
Taylor really did surprise me last night with her choice of dress. Normally her looks are so samey samey and I really have got tired of seeing her always look the same but last night she really did shine wearing a heavily embellished gold, structured Zuhair Murad gown. This dress is really beautiful and I like how Taylor wore her hair in a high bun and stayed away from her usual look which I think would have seriously ruined the dress. 



Katy Perry
Katy was probably the most surprising look for me of the night. I think everyone was expecting her to arrive in a very out-there and bazaar dress but instead she chose a soft blue Ellie Saab gown with flower detailing and a belted waist. I think this dress complimented her figure well and although I'm not a fan of her blue hair, it does really work with this dress. 



Fergie
Fergie's dress really is going to be love it or hate it. I personally really like the dress but I do wish she has worn something different underneath it. This gown by Jean Paul Gaultier and is made completely from orange lace and if she'd maybe chosen to wear a complete 'body suit' or body con dress under it then this look could have been just a bit more wow. I do like her overall look though the colour really compliments her skin tone and bold gold jewellery. 



Rihanna
I'm really torn about Rihanna's look. I do like the dress; it's simple, black and Armani so really you can't go wrong with that but there's just something that I don't like about it. I really think it's the hair that is putting me off because I'm not a huge fan of the whole blonde hair black roots look; was she trying to match her roots to her dress?! 


Worst Dressed

Anne V
Being a model you'd think Anne would know how to dress but she just got it so so wrong last night. This loincloth inspired dress does absolutely nothing for her and frankly I'm lost for words; what was she thinking? The dress looks like it's made from three different and odd materials and then paired with the 'un-done' hair and the gold bag it's just not a good look at all. 


Nicki Minaj
This look is really confusing for me. It's not so much that I don't like it, it's more that I don't get it. I don't know what Nicki was trying to achieve with this look, she looks like Little Red Riding Hood wearing that cloak; and as for the pope look-a-like, well....



Sasha Gradiva
This look could have worked quite well if Sasha had just lost the guns; was she trying to emulate the terminator or something? Let us just imagine for a minute this pink chiffon gown and platinum blonde look WITHOUT the almighty guns strapped to her right side; this look really could have been quite something...



Some other people I'd like to mention are Kathy Griffin, Kelly Osbourne and Adel whose looks I'm torn about:


wearing Tony Ward

wearing Giorgio Armani

Do you agree with my best and worst looks from the Grammys? Who was your overall best and worst?

(source: ny daily news)

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

1 comments:

  1. thank you! we are honoured to have dressed Carrie Underwood for the Grammys!

    ReplyDelete