photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

2.22.2012

BRIT AWARDS 2012: BEST AND WORST DRESSED

I'm never really a fan of the fashion at music awards; I definitely think they are more to showcase the talent and less of a 'wow' moment in terms of what the stars are wearing. There were some real hits last night though at the BRIT Awards which left me surprised...there were also some real misses which I sort of expected.

Best Dressed

Lana Del Rey
 Lana opted for a striking red Vivienne Westwood gown with a simple silhouette and off-the-shoulder neckline which flattered her figure well. She matched her dress with red nails and her hair swept to one side which just created a real simple put classic look. 


Rihanna
For me Rihanna is very hit and miss but last night she really hit the mark with this gold embellished Givenchy gown and matching studded heels. One thing that confused me a little was the borne leather gloves she wore but after much consideration I have decided that they are different and that's why I like them. Again with the dark roots though Rihanna!! 


Christina Perri
Christina's look was one of my favourites of last night because she didn't look too 'done' which matches her style and music well. She opted for a red sequin embellished dress which is completely sheer at the top and then moves down to a simple skirt at the bottom. I also love her two-toned hair which she kept down - and specifically placed - to keep her modesty I presume looking at that dress! 


Nicole Scherzinger
Nicole wore a pale lemon Versace dress with studded detailing and a simple figure-higging shape. She paired the dress with tan wedges, simple jewellery and her trademark flowing hair. This colour really compliments Nicole's skin, but I would have loved to see her wearing black or dark purple. 

Jessie J
This red mesh gown screams Fergie's Grammys look from a mile but Jessie made her own mark on the dress pairing it with matching hot pants and pinned back curls. The dress showcased strategically placed floral lace throughout and a layered floor skimming skirt. This look is definitely striking and Jessie J really got it right this time.


Worst Dressed

Florence Welch
Florence looks like a statue in this dress and not in a good way! This Alexander McQueen gown is virtually the same nude shade as her skin tone which really isn't a great look. It has far far too much going on with all the frills and ruffles and then she chose to pair it with eccentric gold jewellery which don't exactly help. I just really really don't like this whole look...she looks like she's walked straight out of a victorian story or something.  


Adele
Adele chose a plain black gown with sheer sleeves and neckline. I do like the dress but there's nothing that jumps out at me; it's all too samey and predictable. This is the type of dress Adele wears at almost every event and I think she should opt for maybe a different cut or even a different colour just to mix it up a bit. This look in in my worst dressed section soley because I've seen it before - several times!


Alexandra Burke
This dress could have worked if the gladiator style wood-like shoulders weren't there! The vibrant purple really suits Alexandra's skin tone and the fit of the dress is really nice but I can't look past the ridiculous shoulders. I think Alexandra really was trying to take us to Ancient Rome with the armour effect dress and the tight plaited hair. Definitely a worst dressed for me.


Undecided

Kylie Minogue
Kylie chose a stunning blue Yves Saint Laurent dress with a small embellishment at the waist. This dress is admittedly really great with the subtle slit and the synched waist but I just feel like it's too simple. I would have liked to see her pair it with a striking necklace or a bracelet which would have added to the overall look more than the earrings do. I'm not saying I don't like this look, I'm just saying it isn't my favourite. 

So that's it for my best and worst dressed from the BRIT Awards; do you agree with my choices? Whose look was your ultimate best and worst of the night?

(source: omgYahoo)

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment