photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

2.27.2012

84TH ANNUAL ACADEMY AWARDS

The Academy Awards or the Oscars as many of us refer to it as, are probably the most looked forward to awards of the whole season! Now although it is about the actual awards for most people, for me, it's all about the fashion and here goes with my run-down of the best and worst of the night...

Angelina Jolie
Angelina has done it yet again with this black velvet-look Versace gown. The gown donned a split up to the thigh which she took every opportunity to show off. I just love this whole look; the shoes are simple but appropriate, the hair is waved and unusual for her and the dress is just wow...this look is by far the best of the night for me; Angelina can truley do no wrong!


Gwyneth Paltrow
I'm totally and utterly surpirsed by thius one, normally Gwyneth's looks for me are average but she really got it right this time. This Tom Ford gown is so elegant and fits her perfectly and then paired with the cape - which at first I wasn't sure about - really does finish off the look. The single diamonte cuff is really a statement piece which keeps with the elgant feel and doesn't distract from the dress itself.


Penelope Cruz
Penelope has taken us back to classic Hollywood glamour in this Armani Privé gown. The colour is that of a pale, slate blue and the style of the gown is not your usual look - especially for Penelope - but she makes it work and looks beautiful in doing so!


Stacey Keibler
First I want to say that this is not Stacey's best look ever but I do adore her gold Marchesa dress. This is going to be a love it or hate it kind of dress I think but it really fits her well and compliments her figure; it's almost like liquid gold on her!


Jessica Chastain
Stunning, absolutly stunning. Jessica really looked great wearing a black and gold embelished Alexander McQueen gown and a simple half up half down hairstyle. One thing I would say though is that the dress out-staged her a little, I found myself noticing that more than I did her. One of my favourite dresses of the night though...


Milla Jovovich
Milla looks beautiful in this white Ellie Saab gown. Her whole look is done so well and the subtle touches of accessories really do add to the whole look.


Sandra Bullock
I'm torn with this look; I want to like it but theres just something that dosesn't quite do it, even though she still looks great! I love the two-tone effect on her Marchessa gown and I also like the gold embelishment on the shoulders and around thw waist but I can't help but notice how loose it is on her; if it fitted her a bit better I thyink this would be further up in my best looks.


Emma Stone
Emma took a huge risk wear this Giambattista Valli gown which has an uncanny resemblence to that of Nicole Kidman's look at the 2007 Academy Awards. I think this is one tricky move and Emma just didn't pull it off nearly as well as Nicole did; the bow is far far too big for around her neck and she looks almost lost in the dress.



Glenn Close 
This Zac Posen dress just has way too much going on for my liking. Glenn looks great for her age and I think ther look would have been far better with the jacket. The detailing of the dress with it's part-fishtail and lace detailing combined with the tailored jacket all was just too busy for me. I love the emerald green colour though!


Lea Thompson
Lea wore a glitter-tastic dress and a metalic silver shaul which all looked too disco ball for me. Her hair and jewellery really were great but the dress was not the best, there's a time and a place for that much glitter and it isn't the Oscars...


Meryl Streep
I forever find myself torn when it comes to Meryl's looks. I have to admit she does look great but I can't get past just how metalic her Lanvin gown is. I think the style is very flattering for her and her whole styling is great, maybe if the dress had been in a different colour then it would have worked better.

Well thats it for my best and worst looks from the Academy Awards. These are my opinions and I'd love to hear yours too; who was your best and worst of the night?

(source: omgYahoo)

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment