photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

5.05.2012

THOR


Okay so i realise my blog has been very Marvel related lately, what with Captan America, The Avengers and now Thor, but honestly, the reason is simply because I've found myself becoming a fan of the movies.

So Thor, some of you are probably sat there shaking your heads wondering why I have only just gotten round to watching it and after watching I am thinking the exact same thing. What a brilliant movie! In typical Marvel fashion, there is a lot of action, a lot of villains and a lot of complex characters all rolled into one feature length movie. 

For those of you unfamiliar with the story of Thor; it is set realm of Asgard where Thor (Chris Hemsworth) is set to be the new king taking over from his father Odem (Anthony Hopkins), but after proving to be too arrogant he is banished to Earth without power or his trusty hammer. Following this, Loki (Tom Hiddleston), Thor's brother, is the only remaining ere to the throne and so does everything in his power to keep Thor on earth, including sending dark forces to kill his father and his brother. 

Whilst on Earth, Thor meets Jane Foster (Natalie Portman) and a relationship sparks between them that completely changes Thor as a character turning him from arrogant to a defender of Earth. This was the most predictable part of the movie, I knew from the second Jane was introduced that she would be a love interest for Thor, however they did have great on-screen chemistry.

One thing I need to mention are the graphics and visuals which are quite something. One scene in particular shows you and entire view of Asgard and that scene is just spectacular, as well as others, mainly away from the Earth scenes. 

Another thing, make sure you watch the end credits to Iron Man, The Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America because they all build a story of what you can expect in The Avengers. I didn't even realise there were end credits (I won't make that mistake again) and having just watched them now, I wish I had known about them before I went to watch it. For those of you who also didn't realise there were end credits, here's a video with the scenes from each of the movies:

Back to Thor, I would totally recommend this movie to anyone, even if you aren't a Marvel fan, because it's a really easy watch with brilliantly shot scenes and a great cast including the above mentioned and Stellan Skarsgard, Clark Gregg, Idris Elba and Colm Feore. The story isn't overly complex and it definitely isn't out of this world, but I thoroughly enjoyed watching it all the same.

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

1 comments: