photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

5.06.2012

MONTHLY MOVIE PICKS: MAY

I'e decided to start a new little series called Monthly Movie Picks where I'll just give a run through of the movies I'm looking forward to watching in the upcoming month. 

So for the month of May my movie picks are:


An imprisoned vampire, Barnabas Collins, is set free and returns to his ancestral home, where his dysfunctional descendants are in need of his protection.

UK Release: May 11th

I'm a Johnny Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer fan so of course I'll be wanting to watch this movie! The name may suggest a thriller but to me it looks more like a comedy with the usual twist Tim Burton gives to all his movies. ****
A look at love through the eyes of five interconnected couples experiencing the thrills and surprises of having a baby, and ultimately coming to understand the universal truth that no matter what you plan for, life doesn't always deliver what's expected. UK Release: May 23rd
This movie really does have a star-studded cast including Jennifer Lopez, Cameron Diaz, Brooklyn Decker, Denis Quaid, Chris Rock and the list could go on....and on...I can just tell it's going to be an almighty comedy! ****
Agent J travels in time to MIB's early years in the 1960s, to stop an alien from assassinating his friend Agent K and changing history. UK Release: May 25th
This looks like a lighthearted Sci-fi comedy much like all the other Men in Black movies. I'm a little confused why Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber and Tim Burton are in the credited cast list though.... ****
In a twist to the fairy tale, the Huntsman ordered to take Snow White into the woods to be killed winds up becoming her protector and mentor in a quest to vanquish the Evil Queen.
UK Release: June 1st 
This movie comes out on June 1st so technically it isn't in May, but by the time my June picks are rotten it will be too late so I included it here. This movie is probably the movie I'm most excited to see; it looks like an epic production with a great cast. Charlize Theron's part are sure to be some of the best in the entire movie. 
Well that's it for my May movie picks. What movies are you most looking forward to this month?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

4 comments:

  1. i am definitely looking forward to snow white and the huntsman. and avengers, of course! it already came out, i must find some time to watch it. ;)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow White and the Huntsman looks like it's going to be an epic movie...Oh yes, the Avengers I couldn't recommend enough, definitely try and find the time to watch it! (:

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see most of the movies you mentioned. Especially the Dark Shadows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May is a good movie month! But yes Dark Shadows is one i'm most looking forward too, great cast and great story! :)

      Delete