photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

3.26.2012

NATURAL COLLECTION LIPSTICKS: ROSE BUD, ROSE PETAL & BERRY SORBET

L-R: Rose Bud, Rose Petal, Berry Sorbet

Natural Collection is one of those brands that people seem so reluctant to try because of the price but then when they eventually do try it, the majority of the time, they love the products! I discovered the other day that I actually already owned a lipstick from the Natural Collection range in a very bright red colour - my mum gave it me after she used it for Halloween! I'm not at all brave enough to wear a red lip to this found itself in a draw at home, but I was intrigued to try some of the other more wearable lip shades. 

I decided to take up Boot's 3 for £5 offer and I chose lipsticks in the shades; Rose Bud, Rose Petal and Berry Sorbet. Let's start with Rose Petal, i've heard so so much about this lipstick, everyone seems to go on about it, raving how great it is so this was a definite one for me to try. I'll admit this shade scared me a little when I looked at it. It's very very nude and I immediately got the image of concealer lips which most of us know is not a great look. However, if you apply it over a lip balm it actually comes out a lot more natural and it is a really really nice, everyday lipstick. 

Next onto Rose Bud which is my favourite of the three lipsticks I picked up. It's a very 'your lips but better' kind of colour (or at least it is on my lips) which is perfect for me as I much prefer a subtle more natural looking lip. It is noticeable as it has slight purple/magenta undertones tones to it but it isn't too overpowering. 

Finally I got Berry Sorbet which is a very pale pinkish red that comes out a lot darker on the lip than it does swatched. This is my least favourite as it's far to red for me but I think it'd be perfect for those wanting to try a red but are not daring enough to go for a full bright red lip. 

Overal I found all three lipsticks to be very moisterising and the staying power for each is good; lasting about 4-5 hours. They are surprisingly pigmented for the price and are definitely very build able on the lip. Each lipstick retails for £1.99 (as does the whole range) and they are available at Boots as part of a 3 for 2 offer at the moment. 

What are your thoughts on Natural Collection products? Will you be buying any of these lipsticks?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment