photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

3.09.2012

DARK SHADOWS OVER THE LONE RANGER

I haven't really mentioned this before but I am a huge huge fan of Johnny Depp's, I think he is a brilliant, adaptable actor who seizes to amaze me every time I watch one of his roles. My favourite of his roles is undoubtedly Jack Sparrow (typical answer I know but he is just brilliant in all the POTC movies), with his role of the Mad Hatter coming a close second. He just seems to take each role and bring them into his own every time which is rare in a lot of actors/actresses. 

Anyway, the reason I wanted to post about him is because I recently found out about the release of the Tim Burton movie Dark Shadows due for release in May of this year. Now the movie is about Barnabas Collins (Johnny Depp) who broke the heart of the witch Angelique Bouchard and so was turned into a vampire and buried alive. He is then accidently released and goes back to find his home which is by now occupied by the Collins family, which is lead by the mother Elizabeth Collins (Michelle Pfeiffer), who all have various secrets about them. When I found out Johnny Depp was in this movie I was excited, then when I found out Michelle Pfeiffer was too I was even more excited!



The movie is based around the 1966 gothic soap opera Dark Shadows and honestly wouldn't normally be my cup of tea but I am always willing to make an exception if Johnny Depp has a starring role. The movie also stars Eva Green, Helena Bonham-Carter and ChloĆ« Moretz which I think will make for a great and interesting movie. 


*****

Another thing I'm super excited about is the release of the first promo photo for The Lone Ranger movie starring none other than.....Johnny Depp as Tonto! 

(via Marie Claire)

Jerry Bruckheimer tweeted 'Tonto and The Lone Ranger Ride Again!' alongside this photo which gives us a tiny insight into what to expect. One thing I noticed immediately; does Depp's make-up look familiar to anyone else's? A certain Mr Sparrow maybe? Even with this similarity, I'm still super excited for this movie to get underway and then for its eventual release. 

Are any of you Johnny Depp fans? Are you excited for the release of Dark Shadows and The Lone Ranger?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment