photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

10.28.2011

Welcome to the big wide world...

This is a bit of a sour blog but I wanted to write it anyway. Yesterday as I mentioned, a blog I wrote was posted on Kate Walsh's website about the TV couple Addisam. I thought as usual I would get the odd few comments which usually were always nice but this time some people felt the need to completely blow what I'd written out of proportion;

One girl thought she'd comment basically saying who was I to speak for all 'Walshies' and that my opinion is invalid. But thats the thing, it was my opinion and the opinion of the few people I asked. I was in no way trying to speak for everyone, nor did I try to insinuate that I was. After this one comment, more people then jumped in agreeing with her and giving me english lessons on my use of adjectives, verbs and nouns. Now as much as I'm flattered people were talking about me and my writing, I'd much rather they didn't do it behind my back on Twitter. My blog would not have been posted if Kate's team had thought it was any way biased or 'invalid'.

At first I was absolutely shocked that people objected so much to what I had written. I never meant it as a representation of every person because that would be almost impossible. I then spoke to my parents who told me that people can be mean. They said that if I want to go into the world of writing and journalism - which I do, then this is what I will have to deal with every time something of mine gets published. People won't always share the same views as I do, and people will continue to voice their opinions. I had just never experienced so much negativity towards my writing before that it was a big blow to me. 

I've now moved past it and have decided to focus on the fact that my blog actually got posted on Kate's site. This in itself makes me so happy and I'm just going to have to learn to take peoples comments with a pinch of salt from no on!

I'd like to say thank you to everyone who tweeted me and commented saying they liked my blog, it means a lot...

xoxo

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment