photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

10.14.2011

I enjoyed reading a book!

Let me first begin by saying that I am not a big reader. I think I have only ever finished maybe three books and even then, that took me forever! BUT, I was determined to find a book/series of books that I actually enjoyed reading and that I wanted to finish.

Onto the book! I think it was last year, a new TV show came out on TNT called Rizzoli and Isles and immediately I loved it. The story lines are just so well written and the two main characters - Jane and Maura - are so unbelievably likeable! So, when I found out that the show originally came from a series of books I was instantly intrigued. I then got the opportunity to go and meet the author of the books- Tess Gerritsen - at a signing and thought I'd take that as an opportunity to buy some of the books and see how they compared to the show.

Rizzoli & Isles on TNT

Me with Tess Gerritsen at her book signing. Note my signed copy
lying on the table there...

I bought 'Silent Girl' which was the book Tess was promoting, but it was also the book at the very end of the series so instead of reading that first and confusing myself I decided to buy the first few books and see how I got on, which to my surprise Tess was kind enough to sign also!

My signed copy of 'The Surgeon'

The first book entitled 'The Surgeon' is basically the story of a man with surgeon like 'skills' who targets and kills lonely women. It's then the job of the Boston homicide detectives to investigate and solves the crimes - so it pretty much follows your typical crime story. Now at first I thought this book would not be my cup of tea at all because as much as I like watching crime dramas, reading about them just seems like it would be a different experience entirely and one that I maybe wouldn't enjoy, but I thought I'd at least give it a try and thats exactly what I did.

On the train home, I began reading and before I knew it I had read six chapters! (For some avid readers that may not seem like a lot but for me that is a lot...) Then, when I got home I immediately went up to my room and continued to read the book (I read twice in one day!) and I managed to read up to chapter 14 or 15. Could it be possible? Could I have actually found I book I enjoyed reading? Indeed I had, I finished the book within a week or so and then moved onto number two, 'The Apprentice' which I am currently enjoying reading...

This is the book (obviously!) and I'd totally recommend it to everyone,
even if you don't think it'd be your type of book.

Tell me, which book do you enjoy reading most?

xoxo

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment