photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

10.29.2011

I love an artist who tells a story...

I'm the type of person who would rather watch a movie or a tv show than sit and listen to music. For some reason I just don't 'enjoy' listening to music when I could be doing something else. I don't keep up with the charts, I'm more into soundtracks like Mamma Mia! and Burlesque, which again goes back to me preferring movies haha, or older artists like Celine Dion and Bonnie Tyler. I do like songs from artists like Miley Cyrus, Nicole Scherzinger and Lady Gaga but I don't listen to them a lot. I have found over this past year however, as well as the oldies, I've enjoyed listening to country music a whole lot more with artists like; Sugarland, Carrie Underwood, Martina McBride and Eric Church.

My favourite artist at the moment though is Reba McEntire because I just love how each of her songs tell a story. For example 'Somebody' is about a waitress and a man who meet in a diner and begin talking. The man then goes abut his days, meeting other women but the only thing on his mind is the waitress and then the next time they meet he realises that she is who he has been looking for all along The song follows the message that; 'somewhere out there, is somebody...' and that any one of the people you encounter everyday could be the somebody for you. 


Reba later recorded another song called 'Love Needs A Holiday' which shows the couple from 'Someday' six years on.  They now have a family and the song follows them on an evening together away from the house, the children and the dog. The message of the song is that 'it's hard to be lovers when life gets in the way' and that every couples needs a break from their children once in a while for a rest if anything else!


One song that I've only just recently heard of Reba's is 'Somebody's Chelsea' from her new album All The Woman I Am. This song is about a man who sits next to her on a plane and begins to tell her about his late wife of 60 years, Chelsea. The man loved his wife so much and the song is about how every woman wishes she was a Chelsea to someone, 'a part of a love story that never has an end'. This song has quickly become my favourite. I love the message of it and the whole story of how the man never stopped loving his wife even after she passed. Everyone wants that...


I could go on about so many other songs but these three stick in my mind. They are also my favourite haha.

Some of my other favourite songs by Reba McEntire are:
Consider Me Gone
Strange
Fancy
Because Of You (featuring Kelly Clarkson)
The Greatest Man I Never Knew

xoxo

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment