photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

9.03.2012

LADY GAGA | FAME

Lady Gaga - 'Fame' - £29.99 50ml (superdrug)

"Black like the soul of fame but transparent once airborne..."

As we all know, Lady Gaga isn't one to do things in halves, so when the release of her debut fragrance 'Fame' was announced, rumours began to fly about the ingredients it would contain. Some of the things it was said to contain were beyond weird and so obscure that I don't think even she could do that!

One rumour that was confirmed way before the perfumes release was that it would be a 'black fluid'. This is a first for the fragrance industry where the liquid itself, in the bottle, is black in colour but once airborne (sprayed) it turns clear...that would be awkward if it didn't!  This innovative idea came from Gaga's own Haus Laboratory in Paris and from seeing the website, it's no wonder her debut scent is so unusual! 

Now onto the notes; this is what the experts say...
The scent itself is built around three main accords: dark, sensual and light. These notes include honey, saffron, apricot nectar, tiger orchid, jasmine sambac and inspiration from Belladonna. One thing though is that these notes don't work in the usual top, middle and base formation, they instead use a 'push-pull' structure which means the ingredients interact together to highlight different aspects of each note without the use of a hierarchy (typical Gaga!).

Anyway, onto what I actually think of it. I would like to admit first off, I was dead set I wanted this perfume but until yesterday when I bought it, I hadn't actually smelt it...I honestly just wanted it because it was Lady Gaga's and because of the bottle. That aside, I do actually like the scent thankfully; it's quite strong and has a very floral smell to it. I suppose in a way it is just like every other fragrance out there, which considering the hype it's had, is a bit surprising, that being said, there is a small element to it which I find to be quite unique and I'm definitely one for stronger scents so all is good on that front. I can't comment on the lasting power on the skin as I've only had it for a day but I did wear it today and it lasted a fair while, the notes changed throughout the day too which I liked. 

Now the bottle. The bottle is actually amazing in everyday and is so typically Gaga. You can see that the fluid inside is black because of the clear glass bottle and the lid is in the shape of a claw which clicks on nicely and also free-stands when removed. This is certainly a bottle you would want to display! Also, the box is a beaut too, I mean, I'm not going to keep it in the box, but to look at, it is very ascetically pleasing, the whole concept it! 

Will you be trying out Lady Gaga's 'Fame' perfume? Or, if you have already, what are your thoughts? 

follow me on TWITTER and instagram at iamemmawilde

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment